Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify on my pc has been acting really strange lately and I have no idea how to fix it. I can navigate just fine but I can't choose the song to play. I click it and nothing plays or if I try to hit play on the whole playlist nothing happens. It's just stuck on the last song it played and when thats done it just stops. I also cannot join in discord play along sessions. It will change to whatever song they are on then stop. And yes I'm hitting the right button on discord I would do this all the time. Also when I open spotify it will show playing of random songs just zipping by until it stops on whatever if feels like. Just the fist .5 seconds of it and its really strange. 

I've tried reinstalling the application on my pc and still the same issues. Reconnecting the account to discord didn't help. trying to control it via my phone causes my phone app to freak out too.

1 Reply

Hey there @BaToots

Help’s here!

We're currently investigating an issue experienced by our users that might be related to what you're observing with the desktop app. Check out this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Suggested posts