Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify hidden and no Icons.

Spotify hidden and no Icons.

I can't see the spotify window, I can only see it at taskbar, and no Icons at the notification area, I tried reinstalling and it didn't work, It's been a few days, I can't solve the problem, please help.

3 Replies

Hey @macaroni69_ 

Do you have Windows 10?

It might be some graphics issue. When you select the Spotify app on taskbar, so it's an active window, try this:

1. hit either F10 or the menu key (click here to see what it is). Both should trigger Spotify menu to open.

2. If menu shows up, go to View - Hardware Acceleration. (by default it's enabled)

3. Spotify restarts with hardware acceleration disabled.

Ensure you have all Windows updates installed. Windows 10 for example installs updates for drivers and software as well and for some reason some updates might not have been successfully installed yet.

Let me know how you get on. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Doesn't work for me, and also I opened Process Hacker and I viewed spotify this is what I saw.

spotify prob.PNG

@macaroni69_ 

"Non-existent process" is not too uncommon, it's the parent process that called it out has terminated.
I'm not too sure if it's supposed to be like that. My process doesn't have such a note. I'm on Windows 7 with Spotify not set to startup automatically.

You can try these steps - maybe the program is open, but not in visible area.
Also, that site has useful tips on how to handle this.

If nothing works, I'd suggest uninstalling Spotify, restarting your PC and reinstalling using this offline installer.

Let me know what happens 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts