Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk , Ryzen 7 3800X, NVME Gen 4.0, 32GB RAM, 32Mb broadband 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've been plagued by this issue for a while now. Spotify is very slow. Clicking play may take 1 second, it may take 10 seconds to start playing. Pressing pause, often takes 10 seconds to respond. Often the song will play, while the play button and timeline indicates it's not playing, or it will not be playing a song while the timeline is counting up. It doesn't matter if I've downloaded the playlist first or not. Songs sometimes pause in the middle of playing, like it's buffering. Closing the application often results in the process still running in the background for several minutes. The problem actually is getting worse with the more playlists I download. 

I've performed multiple reinstalls of Spotify, including removing the Spotify folders in AppData\Local and AppData\Roaming. I've even gone as far as reinstalling Windows 10 completely to a new NVME (Gen 4.0) drive, the problem remains. I believe the problem started when I upgraded my Motherboard to a MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk. 

I don't get the issue on other devices. 

7 Replies

Hey there @JoeT1

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you try heading to the app's Settings and toggle the option Show Local Files on > toggle off all the sources that appear there > toggle Show Local Files back off > restart de app.

Also, we suggest that you try toggling off Enable hardware acceleration and restart the app again. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for your response.

I have already performed the clean install following instructions on that page twice, not including the complete reinstall of windows. 

Also tried toggling hardware acceleration on and off but no difference at all. 

My drivers are all fully up to date too. 

Right now it's particularly bad, if you think it's worth getting a screen capture of this. 

Hi @JoeT1

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind trying with a different internet connection, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that to check if that does the trick?

Also, we'd suggest clearing your host files following the steps here

If those steps don't make any difference, sending us a screen recording of the issue happening would come in handy. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

No difference on mobile hotspot. 3 other devices have no problem with Spotify connected on the same LAN. 

https://youtu.be/au1ari1Jm3s

Hi there @JoeT1

Thanks for sending us this info. 

Just to confirm, have you tried clearing your host files with the steps we've sent previously?

If those don't do the trick, we'd recommend switching the proxy setting from "auto-detect" to "no proxy" in the app settings.

Also, we suggest that you check your firewall and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.

Keep us in the loop 🙂

EniModerator

Keep having problems even submitting messages here, so perhaps something else is going wrong.
"An Unexpected Error has occurred.
Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.
Click your browser's Back button to continue."

Happened twice after typing replies.

Proxy disabled in app, no change.
Hosts file cleared, no change
Windows Firewall is disabled, no 3rd party AV or firewall.

Have a new NVME drive so will do another fresh install of Windows 10 and will try Spotify straight after.

Hey @JoeT1,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

It's also a good idea to try installing the app in Safe mode to see if that changes anything.

If the issue persists after the fresh install, let us know. 

Keep us posted. 

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts