Premium

Country

canada

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I listen on my PC from the spotify apps, almost all song I will listen to or the apps will make me listen to (as sometimes I let it go to find new music) are getting added to my playlists. Like, if I listen to some rock and my hip-hop playlist was open, it will automaticly  add songs into it. Same for another playlist I made for my stream. With specific songs. It adds other song automaticly to my playlist without even asking for it!? And not only one song. Like 20 songs each evening and I have to delete them from the wrong playlist everyday! Am I the only one with this problem? Is that from a recent patch or I don't know. It is like really annoying 'cause I took time to build those playlist and also 'cause I pay for premium! Can you help?

7 Replies

up

any support from spotify?????

I am running into this problem within the past two weeks

Same problem in November 2023. We're on premium plan and have the autoplay feature turned off, but still this is happening. So annoying. It's the sort of thing that single handedly makes me want to leave and find another provider.

Hey @shark1975!

If you're listening to one of your playlists and you hear songs that normally aren't part of it, it's possible that you have Smart Shuffle toggled on - the feature adds song recommendations to your queue which, if you like, can save in your playlist or Liked Songs. More info on how to disable it here.

You might also have had some leftover tracks in the queue from a previous listening session. These can be removed with the Clear queue button.

Something else that's worth checking is if there are any apps linked to your Spotify account and removing them to see if that does the trick. 

Hope this helps. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have a paid account and I'm getting songs added to my playlists. I hate this and want it to stop! I pay for this service so I can listen WHAT I WANT TO LISTEN TO and not other random songs. 

Hi there @Torilyn73,

Thanks for your post. We've moved it to this thread as it seems to fit better here.

In this case, we'd recommend following the recommendations given by @Yordan  in this thread. Also make sure Autoplay is off from the app's settings. 

It is expected to see Recommended Songs by the end of your playlists, but those songs haven't been added and shouldn't be played unless Autoplay is on. If you already followed all the recommendations, check if it also happens from a different device or the Web Player

We'll be here.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts