Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is being very slow

Solved!

Spotify is being very slow

So this problem occured today when i was were to listen to some music, so i clicked my playlist and it took maybe 1-2 minutes for the playlist to load so i could choose a song that was kind of annoying and a little bit after that i searched a song and clicked it and it also took like 1-2 minutes for the song to start playing this is getting reaaaally frustraded having to wait that for that long everytime a new song comes on. There is no problem with my internet since everything else is working completly fine. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Virreyumi,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

This sounds very odd.

Have you tried reinstalling Spotify ? this action can solve many issue like you're experiencing.

Waiting on your update=)

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Virreyumi,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

This sounds very odd.

Have you tried reinstalling Spotify ? this action can solve many issue like you're experiencing.

Waiting on your update=)

This sort of worked but then it keeps on happning and i have to reinstall spotify everytime this happens which is frustrating

Hey there @Virreyumi,

thanks for the update.

Another suggestion i can give is using this help guide to manage storage info.

In addition, having a cleaner software run a search on the device you using might help again.

I'd check my accounts on a different WiFi connection to see if the issue is still accuring.

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

No, i tried it. It doesnt work still slow....

I'm also currently experiencing this. I've tried reinstalling the app and cleared the cache. I also tested youtube and pandora and they were fine. So the internet connection is fine. ๐Ÿ˜ž

On Android the solution is to make it so Spotify is not using external memory such as an SD card, and instead uses internal memory. This can be changed in the settings. I don't know why this works but it does.

Was suffering from the same issue, what solved it for me was going into advanced settings and scroll down to compatibility set hardware acceleration to off and then restart Spotify and wosh! No more sluggishness

Hey there folks and @Virreyumi

We suggest you try the steps provided by @OneByBoo and do a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. That can solve a number of issues and boost the performance of the app. That's why it's usually the first step we recommend you to try when the app is being slow or unresponsive.

You can also try what @erik_xiv suggested and switch off the hardware acceleration, restart the app and check if you experience the same.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

erik_xiv's suggestion of setting Hardware Acceleration to OFF in the Spotify Advanced Settings appears to have worked for me! It's MUCH faster now.

I, too, was struggling with the Windows 10 app taking close to five minutes to fully load. This tip appears to have solved the problems.

I can also confirm that turning off Hardware Acceleration also fixed the problem for me.

I can also confirm, that it was the hardware acceleration advanced setting making my spotify app so slow on my PC.

OK, but will the reinstall delete my downloads? I've had it happen during windows updates and being off grid most times that becomes a real pain.

I wish there was an advanced options button in the settings, but there is not any in the case of android app.. 

Hey there @GuatiBence and @Squally!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community.

@Squally performing a clean reinstall will remove your downloaded songs because it will removed all the cached info from the app. But a reinstall often times helps with most commons issues with the app and after that you should be able to download your tunes easily with the steps here.

@GuatiBence we can offer other steps you can take to solve your issue on the Android app. You can start off by clearing your cache with the steps here to see if that helps. 

If your issues persist, feel free to let us know what devices you're using and your OS and Spotify versions. Also, is there a specific action that leads to slowness of the app, or not?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can also confirm that turning off Hardware Acceleration also fixed the problem for me.

Turned off hardware acceleration and the difference is night and day.  Props @erik_xiv

Suggested posts