Spotify is being very slow

Solved!
Highlighted

Spotify is being very slow

Gig Goer

So this problem occured today when i was were to listen to some music, so i clicked my playlist and it took maybe 1-2 minutes for the playlist to load so i could choose a song that was kind of annoying and a little bit after that i searched a song and clicked it and it also took like 1-2 minutes for the song to start playing this is getting reaaaally frustraded having to wait that for that long everytime a new song comes on. There is no problem with my internet since everything else is working completly fine. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spotify is being very slow

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hey there @Virreyumi,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

This sounds very odd.

Have you tried reinstalling Spotify ? this action can solve many issue like you're experiencing.

Waiting on your update=)

OneByBooRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hey there @Virreyumi,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

This sounds very odd.

Have you tried reinstalling Spotify ? this action can solve many issue like you're experiencing.

Waiting on your update=)

OneByBooRock Star 18

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Gig Goer

This sort of worked but then it keeps on happning and i have to reinstall spotify everytime this happens which is frustrating

Highlighted

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hey there @Virreyumi,

thanks for the update.

Another suggestion i can give is using this help guide to manage storage info.

In addition, having a cleaner software run a search on the device you using might help again.

I'd check my accounts on a different WiFi connection to see if the issue is still accuring.

Hope this helps 😃

OneByBooRock Star 18
Highlighted

Gig Goer

No, i tried it. It doesnt work still slow....

Highlighted

Visitor

I'm also currently experiencing this. I've tried reinstalling the app and cleared the cache. I also tested youtube and pandora and they were fine. So the internet connection is fine. 😞

Highlighted

On Android the solution is to make it so Spotify is not using external memory such as an SD card, and instead uses internal memory. This can be changed in the settings. I don't know why this works but it does.

Highlighted

Was suffering from the same issue, what solved it for me was going into advanced settings and scroll down to compatibility set hardware acceleration to off and then restart Spotify and wosh! No more sluggishness

Highlighted

Community Legend

Hey there folks and @Virreyumi

We suggest you try the steps provided by @OneByBoo and do a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. That can solve a number of issues and boost the performance of the app. That's why it's usually the first step we recommend you to try when the app is being slow or unresponsive.

You can also try what @erik_xiv suggested and switch off the hardware acceleration, restart the app and check if you experience the same.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Highlighted

erik_xiv's suggestion of setting Hardware Acceleration to OFF in the Spotify Advanced Settings appears to have worked for me! It's MUCH faster now.

SUGGESTED POSTS