Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is connecting to an imaginary device that doesn't exist.

Spotify is connecting to an imaginary device that doesn't exist.

I rarely use desktop. I've always used my Android (Turbo 2). It first started getting this problem a month and a half ago and I had to reinstall Spotify to make it stop. It then comes on periodically even though I disconnect from the device.
Now that I've sat down on my computer and actually started up Spotify, I have dreadfully come to this same issue. I am on a laptop, an HP Envy 21 with windows 10. Using the latest FireFox browser.

1) The device is "Huawei VNS-L31"
2) There is no Huawei device in my house or clients house when this occurs.
3) It auto connected without me doing the setup

4) It doesn't not permanently stay disconnected and finds this imaginary friend at sporadic (and always inconvenient) times.

How the **bleep** do I stop this from happening?!

spotify problems.jpg
2 Replies

Hey @Sailentshadow

It seems that someone has gained access to your account and this Huawei device is their mobile or something. However, don't worry!

Please read and follow the steps described in this article to get rid of this issue.

Make sure you're using a strong password that contains symbols as well, for example #%/.

Hope that helps! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've never recieved any notifications like "Your account is being used elsewhere." But I went ahead and changed my password to something more complicated. Thank you.

I was wondering where the **bleep** some of my playlists came from. Some artists I wouldn't listen to in a million years... LOL

Thanks. I'll accept this as a solution with some given time.

Suggested posts