Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is stuck on one song and will not let me change.

Spotify is stuck on one song and will not let me change.

Hi, Logan here.

My Spotify is stuck on "Are you ready for it..." by Taylor Swift. Its an alright song i think, but when i try to change song or hit next, it wont let me. I can hit next, i see the button being pressed down. But alas, nothing happens.

I have tried playing a different playlist, nothing. Tried logging out and back in, nothing.

I tried reinstalling it and when the set-up was complete, spotify just opens immedietly. And guess what. Taylor Swift, Are you ready for it...

I can actually play this one song. over and over and over and over and over and over again. But as soon as i try to change anything or give any sort of input nothing happens.

Save me please from this Swift **bleep** !

//Logan 

1 Reply

Hey @CarlNordgren

That's interesting that it's doing that on the desktop client.

You can try this:

open the web player (open.spotify.com), see if you can play anything there. If yes, play it and try to route the blayback over to the desktop client using the Spotify Connect icon next to volume bar. Do the same thing if you can't play anything.

Using the web player you can also try opening the full website (click on your username under 'Install app') and clicking on any proposed albums/playlists. Then you can try routing the playback over to the client again.

You may have to delete cookies between trying these out.

You can also try going to your account page, hit on 'Sign Out Everywhere' and try the above steps again.

Keep me posted! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts