Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify isn't showing recent activity of the people I follow

Spotify isn't showing recent activity of the people I follow

All of my followers and people I am following show up on my account but their recent activity isnt showing up at all. I miss seeing what my friends are listening to! I checked my settings, I logged out and then in again, I even closed the app, but it isn't resolving itself. Pleae fix this!

17 Replies

+1

Same issue here - all of a sudden my friends' activity disappeared from the right sidebar.

When I click "Find Friends", it wants me to connect to Facebook.  I don't use Facebook, and neither do my friends.

I've been using this feature for about 3 years, and it's broken now.  Please fix it.

Thank you.

Same here. I am so unreasonably angry rn. 

I temporarily fixed mine, just now. Go to your account, and unfollow all your followers. Then follow them again. After you re-follow them, they shoudl show back up. This is a tedious process and I would still like for the root of the problem to be fixed but at least now I can see my followers' activity!

Completley understand about being unreasonably angry. I was quite upset myself. 

I temporarily fixed mine, just now. Go to your account, and unfollow all your followers. Then follow them again. After you re-follow them, they should show back up. This is a tedious process and I would still like for the root of the problem to be fixed but at least now I can see my followers' activity!

I tried that already 😞

I've tried everything, including reinstalling. It's just showing me the "Find Friends"

Just tried this, unfortunately it didn't work.  Was there anything you did other than just hitting "Unfollow" and then "Follow"?

WAIT. I think they meant to unfollow all of them before you go back and re-follow them.

IT WORKED thanks bruv!

I had tried doing this before I posted the complaint, making sure that it wasn't such an easily fixed problem and it didn't work. But after about 10 minutes I tried again and it seemed to work then. But to answer your question, no there wasn't anything else that I did other than unfollow and then re-follow. 

I went through and unfollowed everything (all 186 of them), refollowed again, still no good.

Hopefully this will get resolved in the next update.

Tried that. Worked but when I close the right bar and reopen it, they disappear again.

Getting this as well. They've been slowly clawing back these features as of late, so I am not very surprised. Once upon a time, you could share music directly to other friends on Spotify.

It's likely some asinine plan to force you to add your social media account. No thanks.

So sorry that it isn't a permanent solution 😕 I hope they fix it soon. 

Yeah, I refuse to add my Facebook account. Not everything should be connected to Facebook. Can't I just have a place to listen to music with my friends without dragging social media into it?

Thats exactly what I thought was going on. That's also probably why I was unreasonably angry (not really unreasonable though).

Well I opened up Spotify this morning and it looks like they fixed it!  Yay!

Thanks Spotify!

Yay!!

It’s been a week since mine stopped working and still can’t see the activity of two people I’m following. Also tried to uninstall Spotify from the Control Panel (Windows 7) but that kept on bring up error about Spotify not working. I was signed out and I checked that there were no Spotify related processes running. Still I found the folder where it was installed and manually deleted it. Couldn’t believe it amounted to 11,000 files and 7GB. Anyhow, reinstalled the program and still have can’t see my friends activity, just the annoying ‘Find Friends’ sidebar. Can some actually fix this problem once and for all.

Suggested posts