Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify isnt using ANY Audio Device, yet I can still hear the music?

Solved!

Spotify isnt using ANY Audio Device, yet I can still hear the music?

So, Im trying to stream a little again, and heres the issue:

Even though I hear all the music I play through my headphones with absolutely no issue, Windows is actually telling me that Im not. When I record the entire Audio Output to stream it, the music isnt there for some reason, even though I can clearly hear it and only ONE Audio device is even active.

An overview. The music is loud and clear for me on my headphones, but not for Windows it seems.An overview. The music is loud and clear for me on my headphones, but not for Windows it seems.Id be very happy if someone could help me with this. Ive always had this issue, but it was never relevant for me since I didnt have the need to record my Audio.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Alright, update.

I found a workaround. Its tedious but it works. It has to be done every time you restart the computer. Since this might help both people with the same issues and Spotify staff with finding the issue, these are the steps:

1. Restart Windows.

2. Close all applications that currently use your audio device actively (Skype, Spotify, Google Chrome and similar).

3. Go into your device manager, go to Audio-, video- and gamecontrollers

4. Disable ASUS Xonar DG Audio Device (If it tells you that a restart is necessary, theres still applications on your computer running that are using it, so close those).

5. Have a second audio device ready, for me this is my monitor with built-in speakers.

6. Set that second audio device up to be your standard device. 

7. Open Spotify, start playing a random song.

8. Pause the song, reactivate ASUS Xonar DG Audio Device in the device manager.

9. Set your usual device to the standard device again.

10. Profit: You can now record the audio from Spotify and see the peak.

I hope this will help someone. Spotify staff, please fix this issue. This has been around for years. I dont want to have to rely on a fiddly workaround everytime I want to use Spotify while streaming.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Spotify.

Does this happen on anything else, e.g watching a video on YouTube.

If it does not, can you try a clean install of Spotify?

Thanks

No, Spotify is the only Application with this issue. Ive done a couple google searches and seen that this issue is probably somehow connected to my ASUS XONAR DG Soundcard, since other people using the same card seem to have similar issues. Ill try a clean install though.

Hi,

I would not be any use if it is a sound card issue - I am not an expert in that unfortunalty.

But yes, if you try a clean install let me know if that helps.

Yeah, doesnt work, even after a clean install.

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/no-spotify-audio.6401/

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Spotify-plays-music-but-it-doesnt-...

These are the 2 threads with exactly the same problem, but they went unanswered.

Try turning off hardware acceleration, maybe that helps?

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Already did that, had no effect, sadly.

Hey,

I will allow somene else to deal with this as I am unsure, I wish you luck!

Marked as solution

Alright, update.

I found a workaround. Its tedious but it works. It has to be done every time you restart the computer. Since this might help both people with the same issues and Spotify staff with finding the issue, these are the steps:

1. Restart Windows.

2. Close all applications that currently use your audio device actively (Skype, Spotify, Google Chrome and similar).

3. Go into your device manager, go to Audio-, video- and gamecontrollers

4. Disable ASUS Xonar DG Audio Device (If it tells you that a restart is necessary, theres still applications on your computer running that are using it, so close those).

5. Have a second audio device ready, for me this is my monitor with built-in speakers.

6. Set that second audio device up to be your standard device. 

7. Open Spotify, start playing a random song.

8. Pause the song, reactivate ASUS Xonar DG Audio Device in the device manager.

9. Set your usual device to the standard device again.

10. Profit: You can now record the audio from Spotify and see the peak.

I hope this will help someone. Spotify staff, please fix this issue. This has been around for years. I dont want to have to rely on a fiddly workaround everytime I want to use Spotify while streaming.

Glad to hear your issue was resolved, I will mark it as solved.

Suggested posts