Announcements

Spotify keeps crashing!

Highlighted

Re: Spotify keeps crashing!

Casual Listener

My laptop, which has the .exe installed, prompted to restart to install a new update yesterday. I didn't do it yet because I haven't had one problem with Spotify on my laptop (and I didn't want to fool with it as I was leaving work). I'm sure it will auto update when I power up this morning. I'm going to download a new .exe and try reinstalling on my HTPC this evening. Hopefully they've fixed whatever problem is affecting random users and devices. And, for the record - I'm not a huge fan of the web player.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

The problem seems to have gone away with the latest update. I did a clean install of the .exe and it's been working fine for 3 days now. It's just strange that the problem only affected ONE of my devices. Thanks for the input, peeps!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

With me, I log on and after 10 seconds, it closes. over, and over, and over again. I am going insane 😐

Highlighted

Visitor

Yep. After 1/2 song. sometimes 1 1/2 songs. Running OS 10.13.6  Re-downloaded and everything. Not fixed.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

My Spotify app keeps crashing on my iPhone 11. It will crash unexpectedly in the middle of me listening to it. When this happens, it happens about halfway through the first song I play. I then have to restart the application and then restart the song. Sometimes this doesn't work though, and it will continue to keep crashing. I will then try to restart my phone if the issue persists, but that almost never fixes it. I have tried to track this issue to see if there is some pattern with it (ie; happens after I update the app) but I never have found a pattern, it seems to be happening randomly. Also, a quick clarifier here, this happens about once a week (It isn't happening every time I open Spotify). Just wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this issue. Thanks!

Highlighted

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us. This sounds odd and we'll do our best to help you out.

We'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

If you have any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can deactivate them for Spotify.

If the issue still occurs while using the Desktop app, it's a good idea to try running the app as an administrator.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I first tried deleting the app as well as doing a clean reinstall of the app and neither worked. Just letting you know. Thanks!

Highlighted

Hey there @Grant_S,  

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.   

Do you have the possibility to check if the app would still crash when using it on a different device? If it doesn't occur on another device, we'd suggest making sure that the original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Alternatively, try connecting to a different network to check if you observe the same. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.   

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
SUGGESTED POSTS