NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps looping without playing

Spotify keeps looping without playing

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

PC, Laptop, using some tracer pc speakers through audio interface Behringer 404UMC HD

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I'm playing music on spotify app or web player, app keeps looping through tracks, but never plays them (just switching them). Problem occured when I plug my pc speakers to audio interface and AI to PC. Problem ain't in AI, because I'm able to play anything else (like youtube, some other programs), sometimes I have to choose different output device, but I don't see such option here. Example of these options are shown in attachment (marked in red rectangle). So how can I choose output device for spotify app? Windows options are limited, as usual.

Thanks in advance

pic.jpg
12 Replies

Hi there @Snaz1,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Sorry to hear that you're having an isssue but no worries, i'm here to help.

I know it may sound too easy but i would like you to perform a clean reinstall of the app like suggested on this help page.

By performing this specific reinstallation, you may solve the issue you're experiencing as it tends to "shake" things up on your app.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hey.

Thanks for answering. Unfortunately clean reinstall didn't help.

Hi @Snaz1,

thanks for your cooperation !

There's a  thread regarding the same issue where @Sebasty have found a solution that might just work for you as well.

You can find it here.

Hey @OneByBoo,

thanks for suggestion.

I've tried disabling all audio outputs except audio interface, tried reset few times spotify app, but still nothing.

Strangely I found, that if spotify app is closed (real closed, not just hidden in tray), the web player works just fine. I can even open spotify app and manipulate through app, but sound still goes from the browser. As soon as I start playing with app, problem reappears.

I bet this info won't help you anyway to help me, but who knows. Playing through web browser ain't solution to me, because of RAM consumption unfortunately.

Hi @Snaz1,

thanks for your patience !

Can you please confirm whether you installed the Spotify app through the Windows app store?

If not, please try the steps provided here to do so.

The same answer provided above, also contains steps on how to thoroughly uninstall the app which might help solving the issue.

If the issue persists after that, please toggle off Hardware Acceleration and try again.

To do this, click on the three dot menu on the top left corner of the app > View > Hardware Acceleration.

In addition to all of the above and in case none of it helped, please provide me with the following so i can dig deeper :

• Do you receive any error messages when this happens? (A screenshot would be muhc help in this case just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed)
  • Any info on your Default Output Device

Thanks for your cooperation.

Waiting on your update 🙂

Hey,

Although windows store provides more problems than solutions, I tried anyway installing through it (but cleaning files first the way you provided), still nope. Hardware acceleration ain't a problem either.

Errors in app - no, but I found in windows event viewer a warning, that looks like this one:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4022522/dcom-event-id-10016-is-logged-in-windows-10-windows...

here is original (polish language, that's why I would look at link up there)

Spoiler
Zgodnie z ustawieniami uprawnienia właściwe dla aplikacji nie jest udzielane uprawnienie Lokalny Aktywacja do aplikacji serwera COM z identyfikatorem klasy CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
i identyfikatorem aplikacji APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
użytkownikowi PC-NAME\NAME o identyfikatorze zabezpieczeń SID (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) z adresu LocalHost (użycie LRPC) działającemu w kontenerze aplikacji o identyfikatorze SID SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_1.119.480.0_x86__zpdnekdrzrea0 (Niedostępny). To uprawnienie zabezpieczeń można modyfikować przy użyciu narzędzia administracyjnego Usługi składowe.

I think it's better to see it on video (because there're no errors and tracks are just switching fast), so I uploaded it on yt (forgive me the buzz, It's software I used feature)

And now about default device.

PC speakers are Tracer Retro TRG-2S-800-C4, I plug them to headphone jack to Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD and this goes to PC by USB.

Default audio format for Behringer is 24 bits and 44.1kHz in windows settings.

If you have any specific questions, please ask, I'll try to answer as best as I can.

Hi @Snaz1,

thanks for the helpful info !

I would have to ask a few more questions :

- Do you have any possible connection restrictions?

- Does the same behavior occur when you plug your headphones directly to your PC (bypassing your Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD audio interface)?

- Have you tried checking your device's hosts files? If you're unsure on how to do that, this Spotify Answer contains

Waiting on your update 🙂

I think that we're going in wrong direction, for me it's kinda clear that problem is somewhere between spotify app & audio interface, but nevermind. Is there really no option to choose device I want to listen with?

No, I don't have any internet restrictions or problems.

Yes, if I plug tracer speakers right to the PC, spotify app behaves as should, I'm able to listen music.

Just checked, no spotify/fastly entries.

Hi @Snaz1

Can you try your Behringer U-Phoria on a different desktop device and try using the desktop app to see if you can reproduce this there as well?

Checking with the manufacturer of the audio interface for any additional details or tips can help as well.

Despite it being not possible to select the default sound device on Spotify, you can add your +VOTE and feedback here and try the workaround mentioned in the status in case it does the trick.

I also have the Behringer 404UMC HD. I have the exact same symptoms as the original poster. I confirmed this Behringer 404UMC HD device works correctly with Spotify for Mac, but when trying to use this device with Spotify on Windows 10, I cannot play any music. This device works for every other application on my system.

Edit: This is a fresh copy of Windows 10 with the latest updates installed

I have the same problem with a Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD.

I have found the solution, install the Behringer drivers.

https://www.behringer.com/downloads.html

Suggested posts