Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps removing songs I've added from my library

Spotify keeps removing songs I've added from my library

I keep finding that songs that I've added to my library have been removed. I'll be scrolling through a playlist of mine and notice that a couple songs have the '+' next to them instead of the checkmark, even though I know I added that song a long time ago.

I've noticed this going on for some time now, but I always thought that maybe I had just deleted a song and forgotten about it. Now I'm sure that's not the case. My songs are being removed and I don't have any way to figure out one is missing unless I happen to run into it again. What gives, Spotify?

3 Replies

Hey @Tonks, thanks for reaching out to us!

This could be happening if you've reached the 10k limit of songs you can save to your Songs. You can check how many songs you've saved so far by making a new playlists and adding the songs to it.

You can find all the information about the 10k limit here.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi... I just checked, and I've only saved 3.5k songs so far. 😕

That's odd!

If you head to your Songs, and order them by artist or name, do you see any duplicate songs? Maybe the songs are not disappearing, but you're running into other versions of the same songs that you already have saved.

In case that's not what's going on, let me know if anyone else has access to your Spotify account, or if you've used Spotify in a public device.

Keep me posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts