Spotify keeps stopping and resume playing music randomly

Plan Premium

Country Iceland

Device

Dell Latitude 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have been listening to music while working on this computer for about a month now. At first it was no problem. Just recently Spotify decides to pause my songs randomly and resume playing after about 10-40 sek. And when the song resumes playing it will stop again after about 5 sek. 

I have tried logging out of all devices and uninstalled Spotify to install it again, nothing works. 

Please help because I cannot use Spotify in this condition !

6 Replies

Same here, with a warning "cannot play selected song". Completely unusuable, and in the addition to the buggy android app it's getting quite shameful.

Same here. It just occured today.

Same.
Tried reinstalling and other methods but nothing worked so far, so I doubt that it's our problem?
And it seems like this issue only occurs on Windows, my phone app is working with no problem.

If you are having trouble playing a song here are a couple of methods that claim to have helped others:

If you had been playing Spotify on one device and controlling it from another device:

1. Shut down the Windows version

2. Open the version on my phone.

3. Play a bit of a song (while online).

4.  Open it in Windows and check that the "connect to a device" was the Windows version and then play the music.

OR

You can try turning off hardware acceleration on Settings (Its on advanced settings.)

OR

Disable crossfading tracks, if you have it on. It's under Playback in Settings.

I hope your issue gets fixed, I understand how annoying it can be!

Sincerely, 

A fellow Spotify User

I disabled the "hardware acceleration" setting and it worked.... but only for about an hour or so then the problem just came back.

Hey @andrisig,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Let's try a more thorough reinstallation. You can do this with the following steps:

1. Delete Spotify on your computer from the Control Panel
  2. Press the Windows logo + R on your keyboard and type  %appdata% A few folders will appear. Delete the Spotify folder
  3. Go back one folder
  4. Open each folder and delete the Spotify folder (if present)
  5. Go back and open Local, here you may also delete Spotify
  6. Reboot your computer
  7. Install Spotify from here.

We hope that works. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts