Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps stopping due to ads?

Spotify keeps stopping due to ads?

Hi, spotify seems to stop fairly often during ads. Where it'll get to an ad and not play the ad. 

Started clicking on the ad when it does this and it seems to always be a Nissan Ad.

I'm currently getting around it by closing Spotify and reopening it to restart playing music. Would be good if it could time out and realise the ad hasn't played and just start playing music again.

Cheers

2 Replies

I'm running premium on an Android phone (Galaxy s20), but when an ad plays on another app, Spotify pauses. Can I keep it playing no matter what? 

Hey there @DRCS

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Start off by running a clean reinstall on your Android device as this will make sure any corrupted files from the previous installation will be removed. Check out this help page on how to perform a clean reinstall on the affected device.

Tip: Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

If this doesn't help, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your phone. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.  

Suggested posts