Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps stopping - streaming issues - i'm off!!

Solved!

Spotify keeps stopping - streaming issues - i'm off!!

well i hate to say this but after more than three years as a premium spotify user i may be leaving.  due to constant issues with streaming quality things have come to a head and i am trying alternatives.  currently got a 15 day trial to try with a rival.  so far so good no constant pausing like i get with spotify.  a bit different - going to take some getting used to, but for me the constant pausing has become a big issue.  i will still be using spotify as i have almost a month subscription left.  hopefully they can sort their issues in time.  this has been happening for a month or two now so dont hold out much hope.  a shame really, i havebeen a big spotify fan for a long time and drive my frinds mad saying how great it is.  maybe it has outgrown itself - server issues maybe i dont know.  i have 30mb connection and have tried all the tips listed on this community including turning off firewall (?!) and harware acceleration to no avail also tried running in poor sound quality mode - still breaking up/pausing.

90 Replies

I completely agree.

I am just so glad I didn't pay for this service and got the free version. This is horrible. Skips every few seconds. I seriously might go back to Grooveshark. I could handle them not having several groups that I like, AC/DC, Bob Seger, and missing albums by Peter Gabriel and Def Leppard, but this is total garbage.

Have been having the same problem. I downloaded a my Spotify tracks (Extreme Quality) to my Note 4. Been using Spotify for two years. I never have to stream them when they play but still getting constant dropouts and pauses. This best describes my situation..."At the end of the day, I am a consumer not a philanthropist, and I want the service I pay for to meet my expectations -- or at least the standards set by its competition".

http://www.cnet.com/news/google-expands-chromecast-capabilities-with-new-focus-on-gaming/?ftag=YHRbd...

Hi! Have you fixed it? I have the same annoying problem. Spotify is turning from "amazing" quicly into "horrible".

I have never found a solution to the issue. Actually, one thing I did find is that after being a Premium member for a couple of years that you got nearly ZERO support. My solution was to stop paying for the service. I rarely use it any longer. There are so many other options.

In Trial mode of Spotify, about to terminate...

Seemed to work fine streaming from Droid to car BT, and at work online (PC) however, where I want it most (at home) no JOY! We have been using Pandora for years with no interuption.  I honestly am liking Spotify way better but when it drops out every 5 seconds, it makes us feel like we are paying to be anxious.  Our home set up a Mac computer running OS El Capitan and we have the downloaded Spotify app.  Then we use Airfoil to stream it to our Apple Airport Express to play over our Control 4 music system.  I also love that while this is happening, we can totally control Spotify from my Droid and other iPhones.  BUT, it Spotify will not hold a steady stream.  Such a bummer.  About to cancel unless someone can give me some magic settings to make it run flawlessly...

HELP PLEASE!  

Tim

Further update, tried to run it just from the web player and it works flawlessly. Only problem is that I cant control the computer tracks, stations, playlists, etc. from my Droid like I could with the downloadable app. What settings do I need to modify in my Router to make Spotify have unlimited access?

Does anybody no how to stop my premium free trial so I don't get charged

Okay - this is an ongoing issue which is about to make me leave Spotify for good.

I have a number of devices and have bought new ones over the years I have been a subscriber. 

I have complained on a number of occasions that Spotify keeps stopping my streaming, always for the same reason "because your account is in use somewhere else".

The last time I complained of this issue, a couple of months ago, you cancelled my account completely and I had to start out afresh.

Today I received a new laptop and I transfered my data from my previous laptop to the new one. I started to stream one of my saved albums and the stream was cut short after 4 minutes. I logged out everywhere and logged back in. I started streaming and was cut off after 4 minutes again. I tried again, same result. I logged out and changed my password. When I started to stream music again it was terminated after 10 seconds.

Every time my service is paused I get the same "because your account is in use somewhere else" message.

This is not what I pay you £9.99 every month for. I think I have been MORE than loyal and all I have met with recently when I have raised and raised again the same issue is apparent suspicion.

Looking at the community this is an issue which is regularly raised and seemingly never been resolved. Please review your algorithms and do not stop investigating this issue until you have worked out what is the cause, because it's rendering your service unusable.

I am a lawyer, I commute to work and I listen to music (often) when I work, so it is great to have a large, reliable streaming service; if you can't provide one then I will vote with my feet and go and find someone who can. 

Please DO NOT cancel my account again. It solves nothing and really infuriates me.

I'm a fairly new spotify customer, but long time streaming aficionado.  Over the past year or so the service (spotify) has deteriorated to that of being un-useable. I am at the point of cancelling my premium (family) subscription. Chattering/broken streaming is so irritating as to make listening impossible. Competing services are performing totally fine over my sonos systems. My ISP provides unlimited at 120mbps and I can find no evidence of throttling.

Is there a solution to this issue other than cancelling and moving on?

You have to understand, they just DON'T CARE!

Suggested posts