Spotify liked songs not syncing properly across android and windows (Solved)

Spotify liked songs not syncing properly across android and windows (Solved)

selous

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

S9+, Desktop

Operating System

Android 9, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I use spotify a lot on mobile, therefore I usually like the songs on the mobile app. My problem is that a few songs that I liked on the mobile app do not show on the liked songs on Windows. How can I solve this?

9 Replies

Re: Spotify liked songs not syncing properly across android and windows (Solved)

kbd83
Casual Listener

Having a similar problem. Four recent "Liked songs" appear on my phone but don't appear on my home computer. I've tried everything recommended here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Spotify-platforms-not-syncing-liked-songs/td-p/4697382

I've reinstalled the app in both places, logged out and back in in both places, and removed my phone as an offline device as recommended.

Re: Spotify liked songs not syncing properly across android and windows (Solved)

ultiweb
Casual Listener

Why is this marked as solved? It is NOT solved and a simple Google search will show you that this has been an issue with Spotify for years. Logging in and out, uninstalling and reinstalling the app on multiple devices, or having to copy songs in batches to new playlists is ridiculous and these are not solutions, they are workarounds.

I have the Spotify app on Linux, Windows 10 and 2 Android devices. The Liked Songs do not sync between devices. Playing a song from the app on one of those devices to another device and clicking add while it is playing on the other device does not force synchronization to occur. Neither does logging in and out, going offline or re-installation of the app. Spotify needs to get its act together or face going down as one of the largest failures in modern corporate history.

Rock Star 5
Rock Star 5

Weird, I never have this problem which does make sense because all the info is stored in the spotify cloud not locally. So the question is what is not synced. Does a like on android not update the cloud or does the cloud not update windows. So you have to know what's the truth of your likes. The web player will not store anything locally so check what's in there, then check which is out sync.

Regards,

René

Rene01Rock Star 5
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

ultiweb
Casual Listener

If you have premium you can store songs locally and I have premium. The sync is not happening from Android to the desktop. I just checked my tablet and that finally synced with the phone. 

teh_macho
Regular

Odd, I also have this issue - when I add a song to a playlist from my phone I immediately see it getting updated on the PC as well, but when I like a song, nothing gets updated, so I have 2 different "liked" song lists on PC and on the phone. Why is that?

Rock Star 5
Rock Star 5

Hi,

What does the web player tell you?

The web player will not store anything locally I assume so this is the truth I think. Then we can check which one doesn't sync.

Regards,

René

Rene01Rock Star 5

teh_macho
Regular

I didn't know spotify had a web player :D
I checked it - from the looks of it, it has liked songs from everywhere - my phone, my work PC and my home PC.

I logged out of spotify on my work pc and logged back in - now it seems that the songs are there which is odd, because I just turned on my computer, so spotify wasn't opened all the time or anything. I'll give it a go on the phone and home PC as well. Apparently automatic logging in doesn't sync it, you have to do it manually.,

Thanks.

teh_macho
Regular

I tried this (logging out, logging in) at home, it didn't sync the songs. Very odd.

Highlighted

Rock Star 5
Rock Star 5

Hi,

now you know at least what's the truth. 

Maybe this link can help Sync issues

Regards,

René

Rene01Rock Star 5
SUGGESTED POSTS