Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify makes my League Of Legends fps low?

Spotify makes my League Of Legends fps low?

Plan

Premium (family plan)

Country

Canada

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I'm in a game of League of Legends, I love playing music. Recently, when I start my music it lowers my FPS from 300 to 75-100 FPS, BUT only when the black overlay appears (see attachments). When it disappears, either it goes back to normal or it stays permanently at low FPS. If it permanently stays low, I have to Alt+Tab out of the game and come back in to "reset" the FPS. This problem started about a week ago.

this thing.png
6 Replies

Hey @VadoseBat43

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if you're having the same issue when you try playing the content using other apps?

On another note, would you mind letting us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It only does it on that game and I recently had a Windows update on my PC so it's probably that, but I don't know how to fix it.

Hi @VadoseBat43

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Could you let us know if this is also happening with other music streaming apps or only with Spotify? 

Additionally, we suggest that you get in touch with the Microsoft Support team for further info about this. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Edited, wrong reply button

Sorry for the late reply, just found this answer myself:

In the League client:

Settings > In-Game > Game > Graphics > Check: Prefer DX9 Legacy Mode

Hope this helps!

Hey @HappyFingers

Thanks for sharing the good news. 

We're glad to hear that things are now working properly for you after trying out this solution.

If you have any questions we're always one post away. 

Enjoy your day! 

Suggested posts