Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify messing with Windows 10 Pictures.

Spotify messing with Windows 10 Pictures.

Some weeks ago I started having problems opening pictures in Windows 10. The picture program would either not start, or it would just go black. I tried to Google it, but could not find any solutions to it.

One day I realised that there were multiple instances of Spotify in my task manager, which I thought were completly normal. I closed all instances of Spotify and tried the Windows 10 picture manager again. It worked perfectly.

After having the picture problem once again after a reboot, I tried to close all instances of Spotify in the task manager. There were 2 of them. After doing that my picture manager worked like normally. I have tried doing this a few times now, and the picture manager always works again after doing this. 

How can this be possible? How can Spotify have any affect on a picture application in Windows?

P.S. I uploaded the icon for the picture application, if you wonder which one it is.

2 Replies

Hey @laffi1986,

Thank you for your post. We're sorry to hear that the app's not working as it should for you. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

It can also be good to try with another internet connection.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts