Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not playing music

Solved!

Spotify not playing music

Plan: Premium, Country: The Netherlands, Device: Surface Laptop 2, Operating System: Windows 10

My Question or Issue:

I have re-installed Spotify several times, restarted my device, checked other applications such as Youtube which play sounds just fine. My Spotify will appear to "play songs" without any sounds. Not sure what to do.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @azipb2rv-h_pt,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you remove all lines from your hosts file by following the steps bellow:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

It can also be good to try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persists.

If you still have issues, can you let us know if we get the same behavior from a different device?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You can try Musconvtool. You will find a very good software 

Marked as solution

Hi there @azipb2rv-h_pt,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you remove all lines from your hosts file by following the steps bellow:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

It can also be good to try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persists.

If you still have issues, can you let us know if we get the same behavior from a different device?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts