Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not playing through my speaker.

Solved!

Spotify not playing through my speaker.

I am BEYOND frustrated at this point. My speaker works perfectly fine. Youtube videos and even Spotify's online player works fine. When I try to play music from the Spotify app, nothing plays. Yes, my volume is up within the app. Yes, I have tried restarting my laptop. Yes, I have tried reinstalling Spotify. NOTHING works and I can't find any solutions. Please help.

Plan

Free

Country
Australia

Device

ACER

Operating System

Windows 10 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello, i know my reply is very late but try this. Search on window, Sound settings>App volume and device preferences>Spotify>Set output and input to Default or prefer device

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi jazmynshinae,

Try pressing the V beside your username on the Spotify App on the top right, press settings, scroll down and press Show Advanced Settings, then scroll down and press Enable hardware acceleration.

Please let me know if it works. Thanks

Go to START on your pc > audio settings > scroll down to ADVANCED SOUND SETTINGS and set the device you want spotify to play through

Marked as solution

Hello, i know my reply is very late but try this. Search on window, Sound settings>App volume and device preferences>Spotify>Set output and input to Default or prefer device

this didn’t end up being the fix but still a very useful tip. thank you!

I FOUND IT!!!!

go to your sound settings 

more sound settings or adavnced sound setting (i hane windows 11 in Greek so...) anyway a window sould open that shows you all you sound devices 

click on your pc spekers and turn them off , your speaker should then play, 

then activate your pc speaker again dont be afraid this wont unfix this problem.

and all this wont effevt you pc at all. Hope it works , i had the same problem , i found your question trying solving it and surfing around the sound setting somehow i managed to fix it. Have a nice year !

right click on sound icon (open sound settings) app volume and preferences and click (reset)

Suggested posts