Family Premium

Country

Vietnam

Device

Lenovo Gaming Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Sometimes my Windows 10 system does not recognize it's own connectivity to the Internet. It will display that there is a LAN network connection but display a note that there is no Internet connectivity. I can open a command line and ping the internet w/o problem, and open a browser and browse the World Wide Web w/o issue regardless. Unfortunately Spotify seems to be using the Windows status message to determine Internet connectivity, rather than simply attempting to connect to Spotify. I even opened my Spotify account from the app into my browser, but the App simply refuses to recognize the Internet connectivity while Windows 10 is claiming that there is no Internet connectivity. When I force Windows 10 refresh the connection status by disabling and re-enabling the Network Interface suddenly Spotify recognizes that the Internet is connected. I would strongly suggest using a simple ping from within the Spotify app to verify connectivity rather than using the Window 10 status. 

1 Reply

Hey @artpoetryfictio,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app, following this Guide. This will assure you're running the latest app version and that there are no issues caused by old app cache.

Note that if your account has thousands of items saved, like albums, playlists songs etc. it might take a few minutes for everything to load up.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts