Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not showing songs as liked in search or artist profile

Spotify not showing songs as liked in search or artist profile

Plan

Premium Individual

Device

All devices have this issue, but I use 2 Windows computers and an iPhone.

Operating System

Windows 11, iOS 16.1

My Question or Issue

Hi all,

I started having this problem a couple of months ago I think. The issue is that some of my liked songs are showing as liked in the "Liked songs" playlist, but not on an artist's profile or on a search.

Here's an example:

This song is liked in my "Liked songs" playlist:

JakeTr1_0-1668981055355.png

But when I search it up, it's not showing a green heart. Yes, there are two listed. But neither of them are liked.

JakeTr1_1-1668981124384.png

And it's not showing up as liked in the artist's profile either.

JakeTr1_2-1668981185164.png

And as said earlier, this isn't an issue of having two different versions of the song uploaded separately by collaborating artists, there's just a glitch going on. It causes problems when I see a song I think I've liked, I've got to search my "Liked songs" playlist to actually see if I have. Otherwise, I have a duplicate song.

Is there any fix I can try?

Thanks!

15 Replies

Hey @JakeTr1 ,

Thanks for posting in the Community and the descriptive screenshots.

We weren't able to reproduce the described behavior on our end. That's why we'd like you yo try with a different account and see if the behavior is persistent with it as well.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Dian,

Thanks for the reply! I tried it on another account and the problem does not occur, but I'm thinking the reason is that I don't have as many songs on that account. Also, the account that has the issue is a newer account, and I liked all my songs at the same time after migrating my playlists. Could that have caused an overload of requests or something?

Hey @JakeTr1,

Thanks for the reply.

It is a possibility, that caches on the servers need a little bit of time to be updated. I'd say let's wait a few days and then see if logging out and logging back in a couple of times helps bring some change.

Keep us in the loop,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi Dian,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely try this. The only thing is that this issue has been going on for months. I've logged in and out throughout time. I'll still give it a try.

Hey @JakeTr1,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We hope this process works for you. However, if the issue persists, it could be related to some damaged cache stored on your PC. In this case, we'd also recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app (if you haven't tried before) by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

In case you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for the suggestion. I followed the steps and unfortunately, the problem still persists 😞

I had a feeling it would since I just did a factory reset of my PC a couple of days ago, as well as the fact that the issue occurs on other devices.

Any other suggestions?

Hi Dian,

I've waited a couple of days and logged in and out about 4 times. Unfortunately, the problem persists. Some songs are still not showing as liked in the search and artist profile.

Hey there @JakeTr1,

Thanks for getting back to us! 

Could you please share with us the URI's of the tracks from your Liked Songs and the same one that shows up as not liked on the artist page/album? This way we can investigate further.

On another note, we'd suggest to head to this thread here and check what we have shared about this topic before. There are multiple explanations on why this is happening.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator

Hi Lyubka,

I posted a reply a couple of hours ago but it looks like it disappeared. It may show up on your end but just in case I'll send it again.

I noticed all the songs with the issue are from the same day I liked them all at the same time (Sep 10, 2021). Also, the URIs are different for the ones liked on Sep 10 and the ones liked after that. Example:

This song was added on Sep 10 and has a URI of spotify:track:1gYtsstjHhiqvlKLzxO9z2

JakeTr1_0-1670022305689.png

Here when I search it up, it's not liked and has a different URI: spotify:track:5eqiY1J35vnLV2Gh2inMwn

JakeTr1_1-1670022343208.png

This song, which was liked more recently has the URI spotify:track:3H7ihDc1dqLriiWXwsc2po

JakeTr1_2-1670022373037.png

When I search it up in the search bar it is liked and has the URI spotify:track:3H7ihDc1dqLriiWXwsc2po

JakeTr1_3-1670022419798.png

Thanks for your help!

Hi there @JakeTr1,

Thanks for the reply and the info you've gathered.

Looks like the two songs have different URI's. This happens when a song is taken down from the platform for some reason. After that a new version/ release of the songs has most likely been uploaded to Spotify. This new release comes with new metadata and a new URI. At rare occasions the original song also gets reuploaded with the same metadata it had in the beginning. So essentially, the app treats these different releases as different tracks, even if they have the same artist/ title.

Our content teams are doing their best to resolve such duplication issues, but that's not always possible due to licensing agreements and other factors. I know that this can be inconvenient and sound confusing.

You can add your +Vote to this Idea about consolidating duplicate tracks.  Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this info clears things up.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex, thanks for letting me know. But why are all the URIs of the songs I liked on one specific day different, but none of the songs I liked on other days? I feel like there's a glitch inside with this too. 

Hey @JakeTr1

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you let us know if the issue with these duplicates happens also with songs that have the same URI (that you liked on a different day)? If so, would you mind sending as a screenshot and the URI of the songs? We'll take a closer look.

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Nope, no problems on any other days after Sep 10. They all have the same URI and when I search them up it shows as liked.

Hey @JakeTr1,

Thanks for getting back to us!

It's possible that on that day there was a temporary error which cause some of the confusion with this together with the re-upload of the songs from the artist. It seems to be working better.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator

Hi Lyubka,

I find it unlikely that there was an error with Spotify's servers on that specific day since I did like a lot of songs at once which could've caused an overload on the cache or something. This with the fact it's extremely unlikely that over 1,000 songs with hundreds of different artists had all been re-uploaded that same day. Even if it was an issue on that specific day, how can I fix it? The problem still very much exists.

Thanks for your help!

Suggested posts