Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to login to my spotify account using the application it gives me the error: Service is temporarily unavailable, please try again later. (Error code: 2)

I'm trying to determine if this is an issue on Spotify's end or if its something on my networks end.

The web player loads just fine on the same computer/network so I'm not certain exactly what's going on here.

If anyone has a fix please let me know as the web player isn't even remotely as good as the application is.

3 Replies

Hey @jest-smith

Is this issue still present for you?

If yes, I'd suggest reinstalling your Spotify client - follow this article as a guide and restart your PC before redownloading Spotify. 🙂

You can also try restarting the router and checking the firewall settings.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've reinstalled the client and restarted my computer a few times but the issue is still happening. 

I'm currently having the issue on my work computer so I'm attempting to see if its an issue on the network end as I myself can't see the firewall and other internet restrictions.

I will say that it appears the error code changes given what I'm trying to log in with (either error code 2 or 7) but the message is the same as before. I'm not sure if this is intended or if this could show what the issue is but I figured I'd pass along as much info as I could.

Thank you for your help.

Small update

I'm able to log in using the application now but once I'm logged in none of my playlists or saved songs show up.

They are still showing just fine when I check on my phone but they aren't showing on the desktop application at all.

It appears that I have two different accounts hooked up to the same email. I will now be trying to find a way to either cancel one entirely or to move my playlists over to the one with the username that isn't just numbers and letters.

The original log in issue is still showing sometimes but it seems to let me log in at least sometimes now so there's that.

Suggested posts