Spotify on Desktop doesn't Sync

Highlighted

Re: Spotify on Desktop doesn't Sync

Regular

hi there!

i tried it, and with a new account everythings working. new playlist, add tracks to playlists, stream playlists. all is working.

with my "old" account, nothing works. i can't even play playlists created by spotify, because they don't contain any tracks, when i'm logged in.

Highlighted

Regular

Created a second account. On my Phone everything works. On my Desktop nothing works. All Spotify-Playlists are empty!!! What the **bleep** is wrong?!

I turned off anything that could block any connection. Nothing works! From One Day to The Next!!!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Same issue here at end of 2020. Spotify desktop app is unusable. Playlists show but no content within and my Liked songs are empty. On iOS app and Spotify web shows all my liked songs and is syncing (although Spotify Web doesnt see any playlists only my liked songs.) Google searches shows this been going on since 2013 with many people and still no fix.... Thinking of cancelling as unusable on PC.
Highlighted

Hi @nonono123232,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Have you tried performing a clean reinstall of the app on your PC. This is simple and often overlooked. A clean reinstallation involves deleting the app cache. Check out this guide for the relevant steps. 

You can also have a look at the Solutions in this thread and try deleting the local data of your Spotify client. This often causes sync and content issues.

Let us know when you've tried these and if it helped.

Thanks.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
SUGGESTED POSTS