Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Desktop doesn't Sync

Spotify on Desktop doesn't Sync

The Spotify-App on my Desktop doesn't Sync my Playlists and everything else anymore. I choose a Playlist i created on my Phone and it's empty. If i change the Name, it changes everywhere, but on the Desktop the Playlist is still empty.

I also can't see what my Friends are playing. 1 Week ago it all worked perfectly and i changed NOTHING!

I also logged out and in again. Reinstalled Spotify from the Web and the Microsoft Store. Nothing works! Wheres the Problem?

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Windows-Desktop, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR

Operating System

Windows 10 (Desktop), iOS 12.3.1 (iPhone XR), iOS 13 Beta (iPhone XS Max)

My Question or Issue

14 Replies

Hey there @JohnLamox,

thanks for posting !

Please visit your account overview page at Spotify.com and click "Sign Out Everywhere".

Then, relog to your accounts using the right credentials as it helps "reseting" the system and might help with the sync issues you're having.

Furthermore, for the "Friends Activity" issue, click on settings, scroll down to "Display Options" check off the "Show Friends Activity" and put it back on.

Let me know how it goes 😃

Hey @OneByBoo,

the option "Sign Out Everywhere" has done nothing. Still the same issues. No Sync, No Friends Activity.

Hey there @JohnLamox,

thanks for posting !

Is this only happens with a specific playlist? does it happen with all playlists? or with all music you save to Your Library?

Thanks 🙂

it happens with all playlists and all the music i save to my library. i can't sync anything.

Hey @JohnLamox,

Can you please provide me with the version numbers you're using on the two devices?

To get the version number you're using, visit your settings and go all the way to the "About" section.

Thanks 🙂

These are my Versions i'm using.

Desktop-Version: 1.1.9.383.g9f48828e

iPhone XS Max: 8.5.7.601

iPhone XR: 8.5.7.601

Hey @JohnLamox

Sounds like you might connected to more than one account.

Please use this help page to locate all accounts listed with your details.

Note: check the payment receipt you receive when started a subscription. In this receipt there is a username that the user should use to log in on all devices.

Hope this helps 🙂

sorry, but i'm not connected to more than one account (my account). only me is using my desktop computer, my macbook, my two iphones. and only my desktop computer can't sync anything.

Hey there @JohnLamox,

thanks for the update !

Can you create a second account to try it out and see if this account does sync across all devices?

You can also try a friend or family members account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

hi there!

i tried it, and with a new account everythings working. new playlist, add tracks to playlists, stream playlists. all is working.

with my "old" account, nothing works. i can't even play playlists created by spotify, because they don't contain any tracks, when i'm logged in.

Created a second account. On my Phone everything works. On my Desktop nothing works. All Spotify-Playlists are empty!!! What the **bleep** is wrong?!

I turned off anything that could block any connection. Nothing works! From One Day to The Next!!!

Same issue here at end of 2020. Spotify desktop app is unusable. Playlists show but no content within and my Liked songs are empty. On iOS app and Spotify web shows all my liked songs and is syncing (although Spotify Web doesnt see any playlists only my liked songs.) Google searches shows this been going on since 2013 with many people and still no fix.... Thinking of cancelling as unusable on PC.

Hi @nonono123232,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Have you tried performing a clean reinstall of the app on your PC. This is simple and often overlooked. A clean reinstallation involves deleting the app cache. Check out this guide for the relevant steps. 

You can also have a look at the Solutions in this thread and try deleting the local data of your Spotify client. This often causes sync and content issues.

Let us know when you've tried these and if it helped.

Thanks.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, folks.

I was facing the same issue as you, John (which brought me here).

I followed the previous pieces of advice in this order:

• Signed out of all my accounts first;
  • Clean re-installed my Spotify on my PC, including clearing all the AppData Files, Restarted the PC;
  • Installed the App on the PC and signed back to my account. At first glance - nothing has changed - the last song synced to my Liked Songs Playlist was 21 days ago, BUT!!;
  • Then I signed back into my Spotify account on my Android Phone;
  • Magically - Voila - I had everything synced correctly back to my account on my PC. I even tried liking a new song and it got instantly synced with my PC Spotify.
  • I could assume simply by "Log Off all devices", then logging first onto the PC/MAC and then on your original device (Android / Iphone) can do the job without having to clean reinstall it on your Desktop/Laptop Device.

I hope this info helps people in the same situation.

Thank you for all the advice, community!

Peace.

Suggested posts