Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Discord, Twitter and etc.

Spotify on Discord, Twitter and etc.

My Question or Issue 

Before 1-2 weeks I was able to listen Spotify songs on my Desktop App by clicking the play button on the post which is shared in Twitter, Discord and some places like these. But now, when I click the play button it only plays the 30 seconds of the song and doesn't play the song directly from my Spotify App. This is an issue and I need it solved.  

3 Replies

Hey @jaquse, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are having a great time!

In fact that's how these links work. No matter where you share them when they are opened a 30 second preview of the song is played. 

However, if you have Spotify installed in your PC just go to it's Settings and look for Startup and Windows Behaviour. Make sure that Allow Spotify to beopened from the web is on. 

Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 10.25.29.png

Hope I was able to help 🙂

"Sadly, playing the full song from a link embed is no longer possible because of recent changes on Spotify's end, and you would only be given 30-second previews of the song in the embed." They said this.

It's already allowed. I don't know if it's how it should be but I could play it on my app by clicking play button on the web or Discord but it just changed. I have asked it to Discord support and they said Spotify has changed their behaviour it's not about us. 

It was an easy and good way to share and listen songs.  But now I click play button, then click play on spotify, then it opens a new tab on my browser and then I click play again...

Suggested posts