Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Windows crashes after a few seconds.

Spotify on Windows crashes after a few seconds.

Whenever I open Spotify on my Windows device, it crashes after a few seconds. I have tried restarting my computer and deleting/redownloading the app. Help would be much appreciated.

5 Replies

Hey there @ckazmer,      

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.    

Make sure you try a clean reinstall of the app on your PC. This step is more thorough than a regular reinstall in terms of removing any corrupted files or cache from previous installations.    

If you see no change after the clean reinstall, check if your hosts file contains entries that need to be removed. Follow the steps here on how to do that. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

I'm experiencing the EXACT same problem, have been for weeks and not sure what to do anymore. I've done the clean reinstall and went from both the desktop app and windows store app versions. Still yet to find a fix.

I just tried this, but after I reinstalled it the exact same thing happened.

I've been reinstalling it several times, sometimes it works for the day until I shut down my PC and open it later on or the next day. This is really bugging me because its happened for months.

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Can you try installing the app in Safe mode? If you are using Spotify on Windows 10, we'd suggest you download the app from the Microsoft store.

If that doesn't help, you can try running the app as an administrator. Does the issue persist?

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts