Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify only plays one song from my playlist and stops

Spotify only plays one song from my playlist and stops

Does anyone else have this issue? I queue up a playlist (or right click on it and press play) and only one song from my playlist will play, then spotify stops playing. The player shows that it is not paused or stopped, but it will not advance to the next song.

15 Replies

Are you playing local files?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, they are local files. And I can play them fine in any other media player & playlist. I go to my music, select my playlist, right click and press play. It will only play the first song. It shows as if the next song is playing, but nothing is happening. Then I have to press skip to go to the next song and then back to play the next song in the playlist.

It is extremely frustrating that I cannot play my playlists.

After spotify stopped playing the next song on their own content, I have since uninstalled and re-installed spotify to no avail. Whatever I select, playlist, albums, songs, local or not, it will not advance to the next song. Anyone?....

What operating system are you using and which spotify version? Do you have a subscription?

(PC Desktop) Windows 7. The latest spotify version (It just updated on the last start). No subscription.

Could you try reinstalling spotify.

I did per my 3rd reply above. I even tried the 'clean' install as well as recommended by 'spotify'. Nothing has worked.

I have even tried contacting spotify & they just sent me back to the help FAQ's & the community.

Could you reply to that automated response to push your case to one of the consultants.

I have tried, we'll see if I get a response.

I got one e-mail response asking questions but nothing since.

Hey, now you have their attention, keep the emails going until you're happy 🙂

This has been happening to me every other day. Doesn't matter what computer I'm on, if I use the app or the web player. Seems to happen more often when I'm using the web player.

It's weird because it's not every day, but when it happens once, it happens all day long. Cleared cache, tried different browsers, different computers, different users. I cancelled my pay subscription because of stuff like this.

I've noticed that this has been an issue for over 2 years. I love spotify, but c'mon guys...

In settings, change "crossfade" time, that worked for me.

Enabling a small cross-fade worked for me too. I also turned on and then off "offline mode", i don't know if that did anytihng.  Note they claim an alternate solution that works for others here: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad/My-spotify-only-plays-one-song-and-then-stops-...

I also have this problem. Mine are not local files. I am on a Windows 7 operating system. I have a premium account. The trend I noticed is also that if I start playing a track I've never listened to before, or haven't listened to in a long time, it will only play the first 5 seconds or so and then stop. If I click on another song and re-start the original song, it will go. I use this laptop across multiple networks (Mifi, Home WiFi, Work WiFi) and it always does it, so I don't think it's my connection. So that's an additional error in addition to the playing one song and then stopping until I manually play the next track error. Neither error occurs when I listen on my iPhone. 

Suggested posts