Country

Spain

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Even though up until a few weeks ago I was using Spotify with no issues, now I can't play most of the songs if I found them by searching on the search bar. The playlists, saved by me or not, work just fine, and the songs I have on my library don't give me issues either. I noticed I can't add songs to library nor any of my playlists if they can't be played.

It appears to be completely random too: I can play Michael Jackson and not Kendrick Lamar.2019.02.08-15.24.png

This is how it looks.

I've tried reinstalling Spotify, deleting folders and cache, updating QuickTime, using the WindowsStore version, and nothing works. I can use Spotify on my phone and MacBook, just not with Windows.

I would appreciate any help on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify only plays songs through playlists

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hey @arminecraftyt, welcome to the Community!

I'd recommend checking your hosts file: see this Answer article on how to!

Sometimes some adblockers or other third party software may edit the file, eg for avoiding ads. However, Spotify-related addresses in hosts, such as 
0.0.0.0 spclient.wg.spotify.com
will very likely break your Spotify client.

Let me know how it goes. :)

SebastyRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
3 Replies
Solution!

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hey @arminecraftyt, welcome to the Community!

I'd recommend checking your hosts file: see this Answer article on how to!

Sometimes some adblockers or other third party software may edit the file, eg for avoiding ads. However, Spotify-related addresses in hosts, such as 
0.0.0.0 spclient.wg.spotify.com
will very likely break your Spotify client.

Let me know how it goes. :)

SebastyRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

arminecraftyt
Casual Listener

Hey Sebasty,

Wow, that was fast. You couldn't have been more precise, it was exactly what you mentioned in your message. Thanks for such a quick feedback, following the help was a breeze.

Ad blockers can be quite messy huh, even if you've uninstalled them all, they leave a trace behind. I supposed it was something of that sort due to only being affected in my Windows machine, but I couldn't figure out how to solve it. Thanks a lot!

Highlighted

symmeetria

I only registered to this forum just to say THANK YOU!

I've been having the same issue for a couple of months now and nothing seemed to help. Did some googling but unfortunately didn't come across a solution and I was kind of getting sick and tired of it..

But this morning I was glad to discover that someone else had put all my troubles into words.. and the hosts thing worked like magic!

:)

SUGGESTED POSTS