Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify opening on startup

Solved!

Spotify opening on startup

I'm on version 1.1.21.1654.g282a2807, on Windows 10.

Despite turning off the option to 'Open Spotify automatically when I log into the computer', it still loads.

How do I stop this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @countyfan52 - help's here!

Do you mind trying a quick reinstall of the app on your desktop first? This can solve a lot of common issues users experience.

We also noticed that you're not on the latest version of the desktop app - could you check you're on version 1.1.22 after reinstalling?

If the reinstall doesn't work, could you see if the option 'Open Spotify automatically when I log into the computer' is toggled on after restarting your device?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @countyfan52 - help's here!

Do you mind trying a quick reinstall of the app on your desktop first? This can solve a lot of common issues users experience.

We also noticed that you're not on the latest version of the desktop app - could you check you're on version 1.1.22 after reinstalling?

If the reinstall doesn't work, could you see if the option 'Open Spotify automatically when I log into the computer' is toggled on after restarting your device?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Thanks, that worked. Bit weird as the app was telling me I was up to date, but uninstalling and reinstalling sorted it.

Hey @countyfan52,

Glad to hear that the clean reinstall did the trick!

Anything else, just let us know.

Take care for now 🙂

Suggested posts