Spotify playing random songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Today Spotify started playing random songs on the desktop app, I thought the account had been compromised so I changed the password and forced log out on all devices.

Once I logged in back to the desktop it kept happening, so I did a clean unninstal, changed passwords and forced log out again.

Once I re-installed and logged in it kept happening again.

I just cleans my queue (when it's paused) and instantly puts around 5 different songs I've never heard before and starts autoplaying.

What error is this and how do I fix it?

1 Reply

Hey @AryaWolf19

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

Good that you logged out from all your devices and changed your Spotify password. But in case you still notice suspicious activity on your Spotify account, follow the steps below:

1. Open the Reset Password form in a private/incognito window and create a new, strong password you haven’t used for another online service; 

2. Again in a private session, open your Account Page, scroll down and click on SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE

In case you still experience the same after performing these steps, we suggest you head to this help page. Here you'll find useful tips on how to secure your account in case of unauthorized access. 

Additional info on how to protect your Spotify account can be found here

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Suggested posts