Spotify private playlists showing as public

Spotify private playlists showing as public

Free/Premium

Country

Device

windows 10 desktop 

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I don't know why but it seems like ALL my playlists are showing as public, in settings they are set to not 'automatically show', and i have created a ton of playlists which feels embarrassing as most of these playlists are in their infancy, any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Could you also check if it says Make Private or Make Public when trying to change their privacy level 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

ok I have tried to give you a detailed reply, but some strange reason it will not post.

basically i tried every step you mentioned without luck.

the latest install doesnt make any difference.

i have all privacy settings off, i have tried turning them on and off and logging out and in, no luck at all unfortunately. i am running latest windows version.

any extra help appreciated!

Exactly the same problem. On some days when I check my profile url (e.g. https://open.spotify.com/user/<username>) every single playlist is public even though I have about 70% of them listed as private.

I think this is clearly a bug with potential privacy issues! If I go to my profile in one of your Apps (not via web) and check my Public Playlists, only the public playlists show up. Which is correct. However, when I immediately go to the web url via a web browser in incognito/anonymous mode, ALL of my playlists are public to the whole world to see. 

This has been happening since December 2019. I have contacted spotify support on twitter but I just got an automated message back totally unrelated to my problem.

I am using multiple spotify clients including:

• An iOS client (Version 8.5.42.1040)
  • Latest macOS release (updated on 28.2.2020)

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It'd be helpful to try logging in with a different Spotify account to check if it's an account-related issue. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts