Premium

Country

France

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 11

Hello, 

I'm facing an issue since I'm moved to Windows 11 (but I had it during quite some times on windows 10, then it was fixed (not sure if it was fixed after a windows update or a spotify update)).
Everytime my monitors wakes up from "sleep" (not windows standby, it's only my monitors) then I can't use Spotify anymore, it's just frozen and I can't do anything with it. If I close it, when I want to open it again, I'm getting a message like it's already running. When I check the task manager, I have multiple Spotify.exe running and need to close all of them by hands, and then I can restart Spotify and use it. 

Because I just restart it, I will post an update with a screenshot later to show you how it looks when it's bugged. 

3 Replies

Hey @Defcon44,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

This issue could be related to residual stored cache in your Desktop PC as there is more than 1 task with the Spotify name. We understand you’ve already tried some troubleshooting steps including reinstalling. However, we’d like to suggest a clean reinstall as this is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind installing the Microsoft Store version to see if it makes any difference? This will give us a better look at the issue.

Hope this helps. We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, 
thank you for your message. I'm going to try what you suggested and will come back to you. 

by the way, this is a screenshot of how my spotify looks when it's bugged: https://imgur.com/a/GOsN2ez

Hi @Defcon44,

Thanks for the screenshot!

In case you get the same behavior from the Microsoft Store app as well, give the following steps a try:

1. Fully close the Spotify app (make sure it's not running in the Task Manager) and go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\.
  2. There you'll find a file called prefs, which holds info about the currently logged in account. Simply delete it.
  3. While in the Spotify folder, you'll also find a folder Users. Open it and delete its contents as well.
  4. Restart the Spotify app.

Note that this will reset your settings to the default, so you'll have to readjust them. If you had any content downloaded for offline listening, you'll have to re-download it as well.

Keep us posted on this.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts