Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 64-Bit

My Question or Issue

I am having this issue where Spotify randomly freezes, it plays until the end of the song but then I can’t change the song. When I go onto task manager to end the task it won’t let me reopen it. I get the error “this application is not responding. Any help would be very much appreciated. 

3 Replies

Hey @aaronf15,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community. 

Could you let us know if the issue persists after running a clean reinstall on your device? This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. Keep in mind  that we recommend installing the app version from the Microsoft Store as it's the one best optimized for Windows 10. It's a good idea to also disable Hardware Acceleration from the setting menu of the app.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yeah, this happens even after a clean reinstall on a fresh computer as well. Multiple instances of Spotify are open in task manager, perhaps because of turning the computer off without shutting Spotify off or letting it fall asleep and doing the same thing, but going into task manager and killing all instances of Spotify fixes it. This is still annoying though.

Hey there @Icywarhammer,

Thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to hear this is happening. We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

This issue could be caused by corrupted cache files, which should be cleared following the guide.

You can also try downloading the Spotify app from our website instead of the MS store or vice versa, as the MS store version often causes issues on some machines, even though it is more optimized.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts