Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

Re: Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

nielrio
Gig Goer

At this point i'm not using the windows store version at all.

I do this instead (look at most bottom reply):

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Desktop-Mini-player/m-p/4762809#M77397

This way, it's not the spotify app, but chrome that runs spotify.

I know this is no solution at all, but it works for me, and I have a miniplayer in my lower right corner.

Re: Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

annihilatingbas
Casual Listener

@sipk1 wrote:

This has been driving me crazy as well. I'm using the desktop application and I found that it seems to only happen when launched through a Windows shortcut. If I directly double click "C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe" it would work fine every time and the taskbar icon would show on the correct monitor. To work around this I wrote a little script that simply runs the Spotify.exe directly. Then I changed the Spotify shortcuts to point to my script  instead of Spotify.exe and now everything is working perfectly and I am happier.

This is a crappy work around but it has been working ok for me, maybe it will help someone else too.

If you use the regular version (not Windows store) this  actually works. Why I do not know, but it does. Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: Apparently it only worked the first attempt after a reboot. :(

sipk1
Casual Listener

It has still been working great for me and I close and open Spotify a lot. The only time I have had trouble is sometimes the first time after reconnecting my laptop to my dock it will get confused and start on the wrong monitor but then it's always fine again after that.

I briefly tried to see if I could get this working with the Windows Store version of Spotify but it seems the way store apps are launched makes it impossible...

Paulie6
Visitor

Just got spotify premium a few days ago and I noticed this as well. Really wish they would fix something so simple but I just didnt want to deal with it anymore so I disabled the taskbars on my second and third monitor and now I wont notice it. Not a solution but its amazing how persistent you guys are in this thread lol.

jonnyproud
Casual Listener

That works, oh strange.

The startin path on the shortcut is the install folder as well.

Maybe its a working path issue?

drummercrm
Music Fan

With the latest update the workaround with the .bat file doesn't work for me anymore. Can anybody confirm that?

jonnyproud
Casual Listener

Placing the bat file in the folder where Spotify is installed, then changed the shortcut to point to .bat instead of .exe, this method works fine for me.

sipk1
Casual Listener

I'm currently using version Spotify 1.1.14.475.g566c8beb and the workaround is still working for me.

ggoldfingerd
Visitor

I do not see how Spotify hasn't fixed this bug by now even if it is a minor one. I deal with this bug every single day. This was reported early 2018 (or even before).

It is crazy Spotify tried to blame Windows. If it is Windows then why on earth do none of my other Windows apps behave like this???

Honestly I don't care who's fault this is. This is a legitimate bug with Spotify. Your customers are reporting it and asking for a fix. Any other reason or excuse states Spotify does not care about paying customers.

Re: Taskbar icon on wrong monitor

Hey all,

Thanks for all of the info so far. We've let our tech team know, and they're investigating this. We don't have an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

We’ve blocked replies to this thread now.

Have a nice day.

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS