Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

Re: Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

ikjadoon
Roadie

Hardly. :( It works once or twice, at best, for most users. Then Spotify reverts to its broken state. A lot users stumbled onto that, too, but it's so temporary, I don't even consider it a workaround. Screenshot of trying it again for the kicks:

2019-05-04_16-46-30.jpg

The hardware acceleration toggle is very tempermental: it's like the updates. You can update it, it'll fix itself for a few restarts, and then you're back to broken.

Re: Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

ikjadoon
Roadie

Still broken on 1.1.7.13766.gf9dc3904.

Posting also to keep this thread alive; if no one replies for some time, Spotify will automatically lock the thread.

dZ31irc

vincasr
Casual Listener

Yes, this is anoying as **bleep**.

Especially as it is quite inconsitent - you can move Spotify window from secondary screen to main screen and then back to secondary, this fixes issue temporary. But after a while (not sure when), Spotify taskbar item moves back to main screen leaving window in secondary...

Never I had such a problem with any other application in my life

Riscon
Casual Listener

Still broken.

Version: 1.1.7.13766.gf9dc3904

Fix this fking bug.

ikjadoon
Roadie

THERE IS NO SOLUTION. (Tip to Spotify Community mods: don't mark your confused responses as "solutions"...that helps nobody)

YES, it is STILL broken on 1.1.8.439.g8502297d. Yes, it will temporarily fix itself until you restart your computer...and then it's broken again forever.

https://i.imgur.com/72ljLUQ.jpg

72ljLUQ

Riscon
Casual Listener

I just received an update for spotify and it's still broken.

Spotify.pngStill broken.

How about you listen to your community and fix this shít already?

Really sad.

o4s4bctqw1s8zn9
Regular

This type of issue is SUPER unprofessional for a company this big. I just joined spotify only to discover this bug and I WILL cancel my subscription and return to Amazon Music if this is not fixed. I truly expected more...

Re: Taskbar icon on wrong monitor

o4s4bctqw1s8zn9
Regular

So far...thats the case...

nielrio
Gig Goer

Spotify as an app/program can't decide on which taskbar their icon shows up, so it's not their problem. I have that problem also sometimes, but when I log on, and my spotify auto starts on my second screen, the button is on my second screen where it belongs.

EDIT its indeed only the spotify store app. With the desktop app it works as usual.

annihilatingbas
Casual Listener

Are you sure? Even after rebooting and starting Spotify again? Most of the time it works only once or twice and then stops working again.

SUGGESTED POSTS