Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify showing desktop overlay after last update although I disabled the option in settings

Spotify showing desktop overlay after last update although I disabled the option in settings

Screenshot (2).png
16 Replies

This is pretty annoying !

This problem comes back with every Spotify update..

The only "workaround" is to enable/diable the option everytime I open the app.

Yeah I figured that out. It is still pretty annoying... 

Can confirm this is a thing since about ~4 days ago. Spotify version 1.0.82.447.g975ad224 and Windows 10. Have to toggle the option on and off every time the program is restarted. 100% repro rate for me.

I can confirm also.

I also have same issue.

its compounded that when i do redisable the overlay it also disables my headsets buttons - skip track etc.

Same here on two different PCs..

SPOTIFY! FIX THIS! NAUW!

Same here, having to turn it on/off everytime my computer comes out of sleep mode is getting annoying.

Super annoying, fix this please.

I'm having this problems on 4 different PCs running windows 10. I just wanted to make sure that you guys (Spotify dev team) know about this and are about to adress it

Same here, super annoying. Have to disable it every time I open the app using windows 10 too. Please fix. 

Same here on 2 different windows PCs. Please fix this. 

This is infuriating and needs to be fixed

Exact same issue. This really needs to be fixed ASAP.

IMHO, they'll probably fix it in about 3 months. Because I highly suspect that they employ a handful of summer interns as staff and it takes ages for them to listen to the feedback and react.

this is really annoying.. Just came back from using google play to spotify.. now I remember why I stopped using spotify! Please get it together!

Suggested posts