Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify skipping songs (Asus Xonar users)

Spotify skipping songs (Asus Xonar users)

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

ARGENTINA

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify skipping all songs. I have an Asus Xonar DX and I tried disabling DSP mode in the card's panel. That works, but this reproduces all music in stereo and not in 5.1 mode. If i start Spotify with DSP mode on it will only play my local files flawlessly in 5.1.

What's with this? Any help appreciated.

• Spotify Version:
    1.1.36.734.g8731c306
  • Device:
    Desktop Windows 10 (Soundcard details below)
  • Approximate time and date when experienced the issue:
    July 1st or earlier, but maybe i didn't notice it)
  • Speakers:
    Logitech x540, 5.1 surround.
  • Is this happening while listening offline/online or both?
    DSP enabled only plays local files in 5.1, 7.1 mode, so its not a card problem. All other apps work flawlessly with surround support.
    DSP disabled plays everything but with no surround.
  • Does it work when you run the app as administrator?
    It seems like running as administrator only disables DSP mode, because it does the same thing as if i disabled it. 
Capture.PNG
6 Replies

Updated with notes

Hey there @eltwinne89

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

If the Spotify desktop app constantly skips through tracks when using Asus Xonar DX it's possible that you're experiencing an issue that we're currently investigating. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.   

This error does not happen if i start Spotify as Admin.

Well yes, but its because admin mode disables any DSP mode as I stated in the original post.

Updated card drivers to UNi Xonar W10 1825 v1.81a r2 (22-Jun-2016).

The only difference i see in this update is that this GX option in the DSP panel is gone.

Update works fine with all apps, but it seems like Spotify only works in surround 5.1 and 7.1 configs with this GX option enabled, which is why i had installed the previous version (1823 / 02-Jun-2015). 

Taking into account that this drivers versions are 4 to 5 years old, i only can say that this is a Spotify update that broke its compatibility with Xonar cards surround DSP feature. 

Same problem. Works as normal as I run as administrator.

Suggested posts