Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify starts playing automatically again when Windows playback device changes on Windows 8.1

Spotify starts playing automatically again when Windows playback device changes on Windows 8.1

Hi all,

I am using the Windows Desktop version on my private Laptop running on Windows 8.1. I am connecting my laptop to a different playback device (such as Bose Bluetooth speaker). When I pause the playing of songs in Spotify it always happens that when the playback device switches off (Bose bluetooth speaker switches off after 30 mins of non-usage) and the laptop switches back to the laptop speakers now Spotify starts playing automatically again.

Is this by design? If yes this should be configurable. If no can this bug please be corrected? It is quite annoying to realize some time or hours later that music was playing all the time on my laptop by itself.

Thanks,

René

1 Reply

I think this might be a bug (and a really old one at that), Spotify have never reacted nicely to changes of sound device whilst it is open (quite often it either gives an error or just crashes).

Might be worth trying the new desktop beta instead?
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Welcome-to-the-Desktop-Beta/td-p/932803

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts