Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing every song after 1 second

Solved!

Spotify stops playing every song after 1 second

Hey guys,

i have a big problem with my Spotify since one day. Every time i try to play a song in Spotify the song stops after 1 second. I did uninstall Spotify and install it new but it didnt help. I dont find anything about exactly this problem on google ( or i google wrong things for this topic but i dont think so). I am really thankful if someone can help me with this problem.

33 Replies

Ok, figured out my issue related to this problem.  Figured I'd share in case anyone else might benefit from it.  

So, it seems to have been a problem with my Sound Controllers in Windows.  I've had an issue before where I lose my sound on my PC in order to get it to work again I need to disable then enable devices under he Sound, Video and Game Controllers under the Device manager.  When I do this my sound works again.

Spotify was attempting to play songs in various playlists.  It would try for half a second, then skip to next track and say it was unable to play the track.  As soon as I fixed the devices, Spotify worked again. 

So, one other issue that can cause the behavior we were seeing.

thx

His guys, first time posting on here. Only been using Spotify for a few weeks now. Been great all the music available. But I get the issue of playing a song and doesn't go t next track, very frustrating as alot of users are experiencing. I have unstable and reinstalled the apps countless times but no help. This moving cache file isn't available to me. Currently using an android phone. Any help is greatly appreciated

Did you get it work? And if yes, how?

Same here. Since yesterday i have not able to use the windows app. We need a quick solution! 

same problem

I have the same problem, but then on my tablet. Any tips for me?

Spotify aren't releasing an update for Windows devices. Don't ask me why

Yeah I got it Woking eventually. All I did was update the app whenever Spotify released an update. Been working great ever since

I have this problem on my phone how do I fix it?

For anyone who has T-Mobile I was able to solve this issue but contacting them, and asking they remove the content restriction that was placed by my parents years ago. Once they removed it, I haven't had a problem since. You might have a content restriction on your service. Would be wise to check that!

I have done absolutely everything and anything i could find on the internet and nothing is working! I have even tried the above and it won't work.

My spotify will play on my macbook air but not on my iphone 7. I don't know why. What happens is most of my songs will play, but some of them play for a couple seconds and then stop. But sometimes after a couple of days have passed, if I search for that song again and play it, it will work. So it seems like there is something wrong with spotify or my phone. I dont know. I have just gotten a brand new macbook air and the iphone 7, so I am really confused as to why it wont work.

I have:

1.) Unchecked the local files

2.) tried uninstalling and reinstalling

3.) tried logging out of all of my devices and logging into my iphone only

4.) tried downloading quicktime

5.) made sure high quality streaming is off

6.) made sure that the songs that do not play are in a playlist that can be played offline.

7.) tried EVERYTHING!

PLEASE HELP!

I have done absolutely everything and anything i could find on the internet and nothing is working! I have even tried the above and it won't work.

My spotify will play on my macbook air but not on my iphone 7. I don't know why. What happens is most of my songs will play, but some of them play for a couple seconds and then stop. But sometimes after a couple of days have passed, if I search for that song again and play it, it will work. So it seems like there is something wrong with spotify or my phone. I dont know. I have just gotten a brand new macbook air and the iphone 7, so I am really confused as to why it wont work.

I have:

1.) Unchecked the local files

2.) tried uninstalling and reinstalling

3.) tried logging out of all of my devices and logging into my iphone only

4.) tried downloading quicktime

5.) made sure high quality streaming is off

6.) made sure that the songs that do not play are in a playlist that can be played offline.

7.) tried EVERYTHING!

PLEASE HELP!

how do you move the cache?I tried looking for it on setting and i couldnt find it.

What if there is no advanced settings. I have about as the last selection and don't see an option for advanced settings

Suggested posts