Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing music after screen TURNS ON.

Spotify stops playing music after screen TURNS ON.

Plan

Premium

Country

Bolivia

Device

Laptop Lenovo

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

My laptop is configured to turn off the display automatically when not in use (like all the pcs I've ever had).

The music continues to play when my screen turns off, but when I move the mouse or press the keyboard to turn on the screen, Spotify stops playing the music. It's like it disconnects from the internet and tries to play all the songs of the queue until it just stops. 

Every time the screen turns on, I have to wait a little time and then play the song I was listening, also, Spotify shows de message attached to this post. It really bothers me!!!

NOTE: The pc does not goes to sleep. It just turns the screen off. The problem is when the screen TURNS ON.

3 Replies

Hey there @Danbelro!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community! We'll be happy to help you sort this out.

You could start with a clean reinstall with the steps here to make sure that all old files that might be causing trouble are gone.

It's also important that you re-download it from the Microsoft store.

Give your device a quick restart before you start the newly installed app.

In case the issue persists, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in on your computer and test this out to see if they get the same issue?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Now it does not stop playing, but it's not perfect. When I "wake" the display it cuts the music. Like it is trying to reconnect with the Internet.

It sounds like when we used CD's and there was an scratch on the record, it jumped a little bit. It's similar.

NOTE: I've forgot to mention that this happens with online music, I don't have saved music on my PC.

Hey there @Danbelro

Thank you for your reply and for letting us know the troubleshooting you've done.

Could you log in on another account to see if the issue persists - such as a friend's or family member's account.

It would also be great if you can try another internet connection to see if you notice any change.

Let us know how everything went. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

Suggested posts