Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops randomly when I open another Windows app in Windows 10

Spotify stops randomly when I open another Windows app in Windows 10

I have two problems that I think is linked.

1. Spotify is fiddeling with the voulme, not much but eough to drive me insane. I have tried everything, from reinstalling the driver to turn of all the audio enhancements.

Still the same issue. If I use Windows Media Player then it's working much better but still some volume fiddeling.

2. Often, not always, when I open Windows 10 mail app or the settings app or the calender, Spotify stops playing. Sometimes even when I open the start menu by clicking on Start.

Both of these issues is the same on both Spotify from Spotify.com and from Windows Store.

I have a Dell Latitude E5570 with WIndows 10 Pro and also Skype for bussiness and Uno IP-telephone (By Miltel) together with a Plantronics D100 headset.

When i receive a call, Spotify stops, which I believe it's the way it's suppose to be.

Any ideas?

1 Reply

Fingers crossed. I have found out that there are three different volume slides. The one in Spotify, In Volume Control there are one for Spotify and one general.

I lowered the one for Spotify in the Volume control to about 80-85 and now the problem seem to be gone.

I assume there is an "overload" function that lower s the volume if the input is too high.

But the second problem is still there. As I opened the "Scrren capture tool" in Windows, Spotify stopped playing.

Volume Controls.JPG

Suggested posts