Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify suddenly stops playing music on my laptop

Spotify suddenly stops playing music on my laptop

This happened to me today, i was listening music when it suddenly stopped playing it, then I click on the play button and after 10-25 seconds i stops again. What is this problem?

7 Replies

Hey @user-removed

That's kind of odd!

You can try closing all of your Spotify sessions and see if it's still happening. Do this:

Go to your Spotify account, scroll downwards and click on 'Sign Out Everywhere'.

This makes Spotify log you out of all places where you've logged in.

If the issue remains, report back. 🙂

Hope that helps!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having the same issue and it is persisting with me on my pc even after signing out everywhere.

Hey @Kyle3-1

At this point I would recommend you try out the steps in this article.

If someone else uses your account at the same time as you, Spotify will pause playback for one of you, because it is designed to allow playback on one device at a time.

Do you have any other devices with Spotify installed (mobile or tablet or w/e)? If yes, is the issue happening there as well?

Keep me posted 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

hello, i'm having this same issue since yesterday
i already tried reinstalling (clean), logging off all users, etc
nothing works for me, i really love to listen to music in spotify, and this issue is making me use other apps, every 20-30s of music it suddenly stops
i'm eager to the staff to come with a fix to this soon, please!!!

BTW, this happens in my laptop AND my cellphone, i seens to be a problem with my account, because with others accounts it doesn't happen

Hey @RICARDOJPREIS

Have you tried following the steps in this article? 🙂 If not, please try!

If you have Discord connected to Spotify and you still have this issue, I recommend disconnecting Spotify from Discord and see if that cures the issue.

Keep me posted!

SebastySpotify Star

my spotfy is still connected to discord, but suddenly it started working again...
thanks for the help anyway!!

when discord is connected to spotify and you start talking while music plays, discord detects it and stops playing music and it has a error bar at the top. to stop this problem disconnect discord from spotify or use push to talk

Suggested posts