Spotify unresponsive and FREEZES OTHER APPS

Solved!

Spotify unresponsive and FREEZES OTHER APPS

Device

3700x, 32GB RAM, 5700XT

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I have noticed that on my device, the Spotify application (not the one from Windows store) freezes often when it's not used. This has the side effect of freezing other apps with it! 

For example Snip & Sketch, i try to take a snip, then it just freezes forever, doesn't show me the snip.
Another example, I try to play a song in Foobar2000 and again, it just freezes forever.

During this time Spotify's UI is unresponsive. Immediately when I kill the process through task manager everything starts working again. Sometimes quitting the application isn't enough, task manager always works.

Is there a way to provide logs etc to show what's happening, because this behavior is very bizarre, it shouldn't be happening!

Reinstalling the application doesn't solve this issue. All my drivers are up to date, bios, windows, the apps that are freezing because of Spotify....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Zadak,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Also note that we recommend installing the app version from the Microsoft Store as it's the one best optimized for Windows 10. Do let us know if you experience the crashes you mention with it as well.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Zadak,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Also note that we recommend installing the app version from the Microsoft Store as it's the one best optimized for Windows 10. Do let us know if you experience the crashes you mention with it as well.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator

I have the same problem.

I take a screenshot via Win+Shift+S hotkey
The "Snip And Sketch" app shows me a pop-up window with this screenshot.
I click on a pop-up and "Snip And Sketch" is opened but freezes and doesn't show me a screenshot.

Then I run "Task Manager" and kill all the processes created by Spotify.
As soon as I killed the last Spotify process "Snip And Sketch" unfreezes and shows me a screenshot.

Hey @kotmarsohot,

Thanks for your post.

Did you try the troubleshooting steps that @Mihail has suggested?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts