Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify update problem

Spotify update problem

I have problem with spotify updates.

Spotify notice everyday, that new update is available -> restart and update.

After update the version number won't change.

I have done these:

About Spotify -> click here to download and after that please restart to install.

That's not work.

I have uninstall spotify and reinstall latest version from spotify page, but version number won't change.

I have also try this:

exiting Spotify (File > Exit), manually deleting the following folders (which are hidden):

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Spotify

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify

Then Uninstalled Spotify, restarted computer and reinstall latest version, but not any change.

I use Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.

About spotify.JPG
3 Replies

Hey @janetsk1, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are having a great time!

Please try singing out and signing back in and see if that helps.

Try installing the Windows Store version.

Also create another user account in your PC and test Spotify there as well.

Use Safe Mode to reinstall Spotify by deleting the folders you mentioned after you uninstall Spotify.

Hope it helps 🙂

There is no spotify app in Windows 8.1 Store.

I boot computer safe mode, delete folders under %appdata%, and uninstall spotify.

Then restart normal mode and reinstall spotify, but version number did not change.

I created new admin account and uninstall spotify, restart and login again in new account. Reinstall spotify and there was still old version. In about spotify window, i press download new versio ja restart spotify. After that the version number changed to latest versio.

After that i logout from new account and login my orginal accout, and open spotify.

There was still old spotify version. About Spotify update did not change this.

This is a very strange problem because all other programs work well and program updates are installed correctly.

Hey @janetsk1,

I see. You could try upgrading to Windows 10. If not the best would be keeping the new account you created.

Please make sure you used these steps to install Spotify.

Thanks! 🙂

Suggested posts