Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will not autoplay

Spotify will not autoplay

Plan

Free

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I am trying to listen to a new album, and it will not autoplay at all. A friend of mine, trying to listen to the same album on his iPhone, has the exact same issue. Neither of us want to have to press play every 2-3 minutes. Any ideas why Spotify is doing this with a particular album?

Thanks,

mdgeekern

2 Replies

Hey @mdgeekern,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device.

If that doesn't fix things, could you send us a screenshot of the of the autoplay option in your setting menu? You can attach it to your post. You also mention that this happens only on one specific album, right? We'd appreciate it if send us a link /Spotify URL so we can have a closer look.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I got the same response to do a full re-install of spotify. The Internet swarms with this suggestion.

This number of hits on Google means that this is NOT a unique happenstance but an endemic problem.

Not with the user's device but in Spotify's code.

I am a paying customer. I am given the run-around in questions on reinstall, tweak this, tell OS version, paste logs, yadayada.. until you give up.

I am quite fed up with this behaviour. The error is in the code. Spotify does not want to take ownership of it and blames the customer and/or his devices.

My suggestion is to escalate the issue to the community managers (I mean the Spotify staff that interfaces with the community volunteers) that this is a real problem that should be on the development backlog with urgency.

The workaround for us customers is to start the Radio function from the playlist (which is the same as autocomplete).

There is no fix at present. 

Can we move on now?

Suggested posts