Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify will not play searched music or download songs

Spotify will not play searched music or download songs

Hello, I am having issues with the app. Mainly, whenever I try to play a song/album/artist from the search bar, the app will stop playing my current song and not play anything. The play bar becomes blank. The app still plays fine from anywhere else, like when playing recommended playlists from the home screen or my own playlists. I have already tried uninstalling and clearing my cache multiple times but that has not worked.

Also, I am not sure if this is related, but I cannot download any playlists or music even on a fast internet connection. The download circle just freezes at 0% completion.
I have tried both the installer from the webpage and the download from the Microsoft Store. I am on Windows 11.
Any help would be much appreciated 🙏
2 Replies

Update: The "Connect to a Device" feature does not work as well, even when connected to the internet. I can use both my phone and laptop online simultaneously with the same profile, and they do not detect each other.

Also, to add, the web player and the mobile app work fine for me, it's just the new desktop app that has issues. In fact, if I use an old version of the Spotify application, it works fine (just installed 1.1.53.608.g7ed9c03a-a). My guess is that something in a recent update does not work with my device.

Hey @F1R3_H4X,

Thanks for reaching out and for describing your issue in detail.

As a next step, can you please check the following:

• Make sure you've reinstalled the app using the steps under Clean reinstall in this guide.
  • See if you have any Spotify entries in your Windows hosts file.
  • Make sure that Spotify is set as an exception in any antivirus/firewall software you have on your PC.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts