Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will not work no matter what on desktop (SOLVED)

Solved!

Spotify will not work no matter what on desktop (SOLVED)

Plan

Free

Country

Australia

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Win 7

My Question or Issue

A few weeks ago i reinstalled spotify, can't remember the issue i was having at the time, anyway when i reinstalled it all my playlists are empty and i can't play any songs no matter what, i click play and nothing happens.

Now my playlist works fine on the web browser and my phone, there is no issues at all, songs play the moment i click play and all my playlists are there.

I have been having this issue for weeks, i only installed spotify on my phone an hour ago to see if the issue was also happening there and it is not, my playlist and all shows up there.

Now to list everything i have tried.

1.  Changed my DNS to googles to see if that helped.

2. Checked my audio for driver updates.

3. Disabled hardware acceleration.

4. Checked my hosts file, there is nothing with spotify in it, in fact it's empty.

5. Reinstalled multiple times, logged in and out.

6. Changed to offline mode to see if it would sync up after 10 mins.

7. Deleted storage and users folder.

8. Changed compatibility modes to windows 2003 and also tried windows 7.

9. Run as Admin.

10. Added it to my firewall exception even though it was already there.

11. Created a completely new account under a different email and username to see if it was an account issue, same problem exists.

12. Uninstalled equalizer apo and peace, thought that maybe it could be causing issues, still the same issue.

SOLVED

When you open the hosts file to delete lines with spotify, make sure it is with normal notepad and not notepadd ++, notepadd ++ seems to not contain a bunch of things inside the file that normal notepad shows.

LYLW8Ih.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

SOLVED

When you open the hosts file to delete lines with spotify, make sure it is with normal notepad and not notepad ++, notepad ++ seems to be missing a few lines of text inside the file that normal notepad seems to show and 1 of those lines contained spotify, deleted and problem was instantly fixed.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Nobody can help? i am just suppose to give up on spotify and uninstall it for good?

Another few hours wasted trying to fix it, created a new playlist and added all my songs on the web browser, log into the spotify app on desktop and while the playlist exists, it is completely empty and greyed out, reinstalled multiple times, have deleted all spotify files via regedit, nothing seems to work, i feel like i have tried everything.

Like i said earlier, my phone and the web browser works 100% fine, my playlist is there and songs play the moment i hit play, on the spotify app, everything is missing, greyed out and when i do search for any song, it won't even attempt to play.

Also added spotify to my firewall exceptions even though it was already in there, created a new account to make sure it wasn't an account issue and the problem still persists.

bump

Marked as solution

SOLVED

When you open the hosts file to delete lines with spotify, make sure it is with normal notepad and not notepad ++, notepad ++ seems to be missing a few lines of text inside the file that normal notepad seems to show and 1 of those lines contained spotify, deleted and problem was instantly fixed.

Hi, could you help me with this problem? I am not very expert in the subject, so I don't know how to configure the spotify hots files, I have exactly the same problem that you had, I don't know how to get to the spotify host files precisely

i can't see anything spotify related there

Suggested posts