Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify win10 media overlay question

Solved!

Spotify win10 media overlay question

My Question or Issue

I started using the Media keys to play spotify on windows 10 while in another program, the popup overlay shows when I skip song and it shows the name and album art, but the overlay doesn't show what song is currently playing when a new one comes on. Is there a way to make the overlay tell me what song is playing without having to use the Pause/Play media key to make it popup? I feel like it should be automatic when a new song plays to popup whats playing. Thank you for reading.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @rez11, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

The media overlay always appears when you interact with your keyboard buttons or mouse buttons(when they actually have playback media keys). You want it to appear everytime the song changes but that feature isn't available in Windows for any other program, I mean this kind of behaviour of the media overlay keys. 

However, if you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

I've also did a little research but couldn't find something that could make that happen, maybe I didn't look in the right place, just try it as you may get more lucky than me 😄

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @rez11, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

The media overlay always appears when you interact with your keyboard buttons or mouse buttons(when they actually have playback media keys). You want it to appear everytime the song changes but that feature isn't available in Windows for any other program, I mean this kind of behaviour of the media overlay keys. 

However, if you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

I've also did a little research but couldn't find something that could make that happen, maybe I didn't look in the right place, just try it as you may get more lucky than me 😄

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts