Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify window too wide

Solved!

Spotify window too wide

Plan

Premium
Spotify Version
Spotify for Windows
1.1.74.631.g0b24d9ad

Device

PC - AMD R9 5900X, GTX 1650, 32GB DDR4

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro - 21H1 - Build 19043.1415 - WFEP Version 120.2212.3920.0

My Issue

Spotify on second monitor will create a 1px wide black bar that doesn't belong to the window (clicking doesn't focus on Spotify window) on the monitor it shouldn't be displaying on. This black bar is on window level therefore can be suppressed by any other maximized window or fullscreen application.
Spotify basically is in a (1920+1)x1080 resolution while the window is maximized and cannot be adjusted in size.

Untitleddd.png

It might be hard to see in here unless you zoom in, at the left hand side there is a black bar. I didn't want to show my entire screen therefore I only made a screenshot of this corner, the black line hides underneath the Windows button in the bottom left corner but is full 1080p in height.
Upon minimizing the window this line disappears again and 'becomes one' with the now minimized Spotify window.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Dual monitor set ups are tricky because the monitors often have different resolutions and this can happen because the app might be dynamically resized based on the resolution that it thinks it's being run on. Either the graphic card or the operative system tries to eliminate any resolution differences between both screens, and it appears that this isn't synced with the app.

As this involves resolution switching and external hardware, we can't really provide a direct fix for it, as it really depends on the different setups and we can't optimize the app for individual usage scenarios and hardware, so the best way to go is to un-maximize (Restore down) the window and then re-maximize. 

Hope this clears things up. If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away. Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Im having the same issue.

Spotify for Windows
1.1.84.716.gc5f8b819

The issue still persists for me too, I'm glad to hear others have this problem too. I've tried multiple things now to prevent this, occasionally applications that are in windowed full screen mode create this as well, but it doesn't happen every time as it is with spotify. The bar sometimes is black, or white, I presume this comes down to a light-grey scrollbar, that is hidden but not in the vertical pixel line on the left side of the screen right of the spotify window.

My indictator foe this is, that I tried to close the window some day and the windows 10 style button would on click turn into Win95 style buttons, scrolling would show aforementioned Grey scrollbar at the right side of the screen. After about a minute of having fun with Win10 buttons changing to Win95 style and vice versa the buttons suddenly regained their normal function and upon minimizing the window all Win95 style elements disappeared.

Marked as solution

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Dual monitor set ups are tricky because the monitors often have different resolutions and this can happen because the app might be dynamically resized based on the resolution that it thinks it's being run on. Either the graphic card or the operative system tries to eliminate any resolution differences between both screens, and it appears that this isn't synced with the app.

As this involves resolution switching and external hardware, we can't really provide a direct fix for it, as it really depends on the different setups and we can't optimize the app for individual usage scenarios and hardware, so the best way to go is to un-maximize (Restore down) the window and then re-maximize. 

Hope this clears things up. If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away. Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

DELETE THE MINIMUM WINDOW SIZE

PLEASE

SPOTIFY DOESNT FIT ON MY SECOND VERTICAL MONITOR

I'm still having this issue. You can certainly provide a fix for it if you wanted to. I haven't found any other program that has the same issue, including other Electron apps.

Suggested posts